Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NM drive line knocking

Folks,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

When I engage drive or reverse I hear a knocking sound coming from the drive line. I can't tell if it is the diff or transfer case. Perhaps it might be the universal joint.

What can I do to narrow it down?

Thanks,
    Mike

to delete the uni joint shaft problem noise, you need to go under the vehicle and twist the tailshaft back and forward to see if theres any play in the actual uni joint both front and rear, any noticeble free play in these joints will need to be replaced with a new uni joint. you will get the clunk sound when shifting from say park to drive or drive to reverse if the uni is stuffed but it also could be diff play, go for the uni joints firstly.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Turns out it was the rear uni joint in the end. Took a while to narrow it down.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X