33/10.5/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33/10.5/15

have a 94 nj swb paj. and interested in your feedback as to whether or not I can fit all terrain tyres 33/10.5/15's on sunraysia style rims using cruiser offset and flare kit without any further modifications.
    Or would it be necessary to have a lift kit and different springs and shockers.
    the original tyres for this model are 265/70/15
    Last edited by mack; 06-02-08, 08:47 PM. Reason: adding info

As I said in the other thread (Ill post here to if u did't read that one) you will need either a 2" body lift OR 2" spring lift.

I would recommend an Iron man kit $700 gets you 2xcoils 2x torsion bars and 4x35mm gas shocks. Great value and good product I promise it will be the best thing you will buy for your 4wd.

P.S. The shorti will look real tuff with the 2" lift and 33"s on sunnies!

Cheers,
    Jack
    1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Comment

Jack many thanks for your assistance..
      Do you recommend that I do go to the cruiser offset sunnies for that tyre choice
      33/10.5 x15 after installing that ironman kit?? and is it likely that a flare extension would be needed.
      Jack...I read recently if you increase tyre size over a certain margin it will affect braking ability for car. Have you noticed that after your upgrade? thanks mike

Comment

A photo of my old NJ with 32s and cruiser offset. They stick out past guards maybe 10mm. You should be right with the 33's.

Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

You would probably get away with putting them on ya std rims/mags but you can get a good price on sunnies at most places when u are buying a set of tyres. So I would say get the cruiser offset rims (15x7 or 15x8 what ever is cheaper) to make sure u will be able to steer to full lock with no scrubbing.

As for the the flares, my tyres are 12.5 wide and they only stick out a bit. So with your 10.5s I don't think they will poke out much if at all.

Braking? Yeah I noticed a small drop in braking power but the paj still has more then enough braking power. Enough to lock the wheels if I so desired. Hehe way more than my dads 89 rangie. I almost always run up someones ass when I drive that thing coz the lack of braking power takes me by surprise.

Cheers,
          Jack
          Last edited by 1993 NJ LWB; 09-02-08, 03:59 PM.
          1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Comment

thanks again Jack.....
            and also Dave for your pic...was your NJ raised or modified to fit that tyre/wheel combo?
            mike

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
              thanks again Jack.....
              and also Dave for your pic...was your NJ raised or modified to fit that tyre/wheel combo?
              mike
              Yup, Old Man Emu!!!!
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

thanks Jack and Dave, but can you clarify one area of confusion for me..
                If I follow Jacks suggestion and get the ironman kit fitted..eg coils, torsion bars and 4 shocks..Is this work a suspension lift or a body lift...I am assuming its not what they call a body lift as no blocks are mentioned(alloy or polymer)...
                If the kit is just a suspension lift ..does care need to be taken to see all brake lines etc are unaffected??
                And guys, none of this work would be anything that I would attempt to install myself...have you got any suggestions for purchase / installers in melb. or just an ARB centre
                mike

Comment

Yes its a suspension lift. With only 2" lift you should not need to worry about brake lines ect. You can get iron man through tyre power and if you want they will fit them for you.

Cheers,
                  Jack

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X