Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Suspension Options?

Hi,

Got the new Exceed NS and its all good (see old forum). However we will be towing some heavy loads (horse float, trailers etc), and will take the occasional 4wd trip each year (two I hope).

Anyway, currnet suspension set up is ok - not mind blowingly good, however would like to hear of some options that may suit, or if any one else has upgraded their NS suspenson?

May be looking for ajustable air bags, may be a slight lift....(not 4"!)

Anyway - I am not brand consious, would definatley consider/want ajustable & have read a bit about OME, Iron Man etc...however happy to have some opinions.

(Hope this is in the right spot....placed this in here rather than the NS area?)

Cheers,
    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Hi Proudy
    I will be interested to see what responses you get cause I have the same question. Our NM was "floaty" until we added the OME suspension and it made a heck of a difference, along with about 60mm lift. I understand that MM fixed the suspension but I will still be interested to see what it is like on the NS (2 weeks to go....) especially with the camper trailer on.
    I don't much care about the lift in its own right but the underside of the NM is still in good nick so maybe it is worth it just to protect that part of the car???
    Like you, perhaps just air bags will do.
    Rusty
    2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
    Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
    2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

Hi Proudy and others,
      I have had a suspension upgrade done and are rapt with the ride, handling and look of the car.
      I had heavy duty springs fitted with bilstein shockers giving the car a lift of approx 50mm. With the weight of the heavier diesel motor and the steel ARB bullbar the front has settled at a 40mm lift, and when i load up with my offroad van, camping and touring gear the back settles, fully loaded, to 40mm lift also. I had same system fitted to my NP Pajero and it gives you brialliant handling and ride.
      I contemplated Polyair airbags in lieu of the heavier and slightly firmer ride of the stronger springs, but my installer said that the airbags don't work all that well on the Pajeros. I then rang Polyair direct and they confirmed that due to the springs being further offset from the wheel than other vehicles they are not as effective.
      The ride is not as firm as my previous Paj due to a better original set up so is still smooth but with the strength to handle all the hard stuff.
      Hope this helps,
      Regards from Col.
      NS TD Exceed, Long Range Fuel Tank (115 lts), 50mm lift, HD King Springs Bilstein Shockers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar colour coded with Winch, HD Towbar, ROH RTX 17" Rims, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70/17, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkle and Diff breathers, Tyre Dog monitoring system, Magellan XL Explorist GPS, GME Personal Locating Beacon with GPS, Uniden UHF, Prodigy Break Controller, Reversing Camera, Updated Security Alarm System. Scangauge + Chipit Chip etc and no DPF!.

Comment

Col,

Great stuff, thanks for your info. Not holding you to this, but do you have any pictures? Would like to see the look of the lifted NS. What sort of $$ are you looking at for this set up. I do like like the idea of ajustable....however may not be worth it or possible.

Also - how did you go/what did you do with the headlight washers with the ARB bar? I understand ARB did not have one for the Exceed due to the washers? and that we have to keep them operational by law for the HID lights.

Thanks,
        NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

Hi Proudy,
          The suspension upgrade costs are as follows, Suspension kit (springs, shockers) $1480, fitting, $255, wheel alignment, $85. All inc. GST.
          Sorry i don't have photos to show, which reminds me i should, and somehow then work out how to put them here. Bit of a dinasaur when it comes to that sort of stuff but are slowly learning.
          The car has a slight rake to it, but at a quick glance it would be hard to see the lift, looks great though.
          As i said previously it handles superbly, less body roll and a more direct feeling in the steering plus you can load it to the hilt and the ride stays smooth and without the wallowing feeling as you hit the bumps.
          I'm not sure where your from but i'm in Melb, if your local, send me a message and you can see it in person.
          Hope this helps,
          Regards from Col.
          NS TD Exceed, Long Range Fuel Tank (115 lts), 50mm lift, HD King Springs Bilstein Shockers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar colour coded with Winch, HD Towbar, ROH RTX 17" Rims, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70/17, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkle and Diff breathers, Tyre Dog monitoring system, Magellan XL Explorist GPS, GME Personal Locating Beacon with GPS, Uniden UHF, Prodigy Break Controller, Reversing Camera, Updated Security Alarm System. Scangauge + Chipit Chip etc and no DPF!.

Comment

Proudy,
            Sorry i forgot to mention the headlight washers. You are right that the ARB Bullbar does not allow for them, so the headlght washer now sits beside me when we travel !!
            Col.

Comment

What`s the go with warranty on the NS with all those changes,do they have to be approved or are you not worried about it ?
              2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

Towing

Originally posted by Proudy View Post
                Hi,

Got the new Exceed NS and its all good (see old forum). However we will be towing some heavy loads (horse float, trailers etc), and will take the occasional 4wd trip each year (two I hope).

Anyway, currnet suspension set up is ok - not mind blowingly good, however would like to hear of some options that may suit, or if any one else has upgraded their NS suspenson?

May be looking for ajustable air bags, may be a slight lift....(not 4"!)

Anyway - I am not brand consious, would definatley consider/want ajustable & have read a bit about OME, Iron Man etc...however happy to have some opinions.

(Hope this is in the right spot....placed this in here rather than the NS area?)

Cheers,
                If you are towing heavy trailers i would fit a Hayman Reece load distribuition hitch. With air bags you are leveling the trailer but not putting the load back onto your front wheels, i am not an expert so maybe wrong but we will soon find out/
                NP Diesel/gas autobull bar H/D towbar D/Ls UHF radio

Comment

Working...
                X