Wireless Tyre Monitoring System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Tyre Monitoring System

The completely wireless Gates AirAware Tyre Pressure Monitoring System from Repco uses sensors located on each wheel that replace the traditional air valve. This provides the driver with accurate tyre temperature and air pressure information. Using a patented AA battery operated dash mounted display unit (with absolutely no wires or special mounting required) this ingenious device will alert motorists of any slow air leak, tyre damage or puncture well before a potential delamination (burst tyre or blow out).

http://www.repco.com.au/CA2571B70016...5731A0023D196~
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Looks the goods! thanks for sharing. I wonder if it can display the temperature in celsius...
    Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

Originally posted by Endorphin View Post
      I wonder if it can display the temperature in celsius...
      Yeah I am still trying to chase up what it's all about, just been released so not a lot of info on it at the moment.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

I found this on the french Schrader web site. Seems it does celsius over there.

http://www.schrader.fr/fr/Pdf/Flyer_AirWare_Gb.pdf
        Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          Yeah I am still trying to chase up what it's all about, just been released so not a lot of info on it at the moment.
          Dave
          I like the idea, and the prices are getting a lot more attractive. I'm a little dubious about having the sender attached to the valve. Does it make the tyre more difficult to balance? Is it susceptible to damage from heavy-handed tyre repairers? What happens if you snap off a valve stem - do you throw away the sender? When are we doing a group buy?
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

This would be great for peace of mind + safety fitted to my tandem axle boat trailer on those long trips up north

Sandgroper.
            NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Ok have these fitted now and doing some testing, will report on them in 2 weeks time.
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Ok have these fitted now and doing some testing, will report on them in 2 weeks time.
                Dave
                Have you organised a slow leak, or do you want me to come over and let down a tyre for you?
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Be a slow leak out of a bottle if you come over here!
                  Dave
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Dave
                    What's the fitted cost?
                    Peter
                    2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

Hi Peterdeg,
                      I've got my car booked in for the Sensa tyre system to be fitted next Friday.
                      For just the car i was quoted $480. Plus $50 fitting. I'm also going to fit them to my off road van so have an upgraded system as the standard kit only does the 4 tyres. The whole lot will cost me $780 plus still the $50 fitting. This will enable you to check on up to 14 tyres, (trucks etc.) It has a small antena at the rear off the Paj to be able to read the tyres of the van. Will also post the results when they are known.
                      Regards from Big Col.
                      NS TD Exceed, Long Range Fuel Tank (115 lts), 50mm lift, HD King Springs Bilstein Shockers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar colour coded with Winch, HD Towbar, ROH RTX 17" Rims, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70/17, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkle and Diff breathers, Tyre Dog monitoring system, Magellan XL Explorist GPS, GME Personal Locating Beacon with GPS, Uniden UHF, Prodigy Break Controller, Reversing Camera, Updated Security Alarm System. Scangauge + Chipit Chip etc and no DPF!.

Comment

Originally posted by peterdeg View Post
                        What's the fitted cost?

Surprisingly cheap. Report shortly.
                        Dave
                        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Surprisingly cheap. Report shortly.
                            Dave
                            Dave, did this actually get answered?

Comment

Originally posted by Endorphin View Post
                              Dave, did this actually get answered?
                              Not yet, still testing. Will be in the next week or so.
                              Dave
                              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X