axle or diff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle or diff

I have already posted this message once but Ithink being a new boy I messed it up somewhere ,my problem is a badly leaking seal in the lefthand rear drive where it goes into the diff I am abought to go and pick the car up and the mechanic said he had contact withbn one of mitsu dealers and he said the problem is an ongoing one I mainly use my vehicle to tow my 1800kg caravanas we are heading off next month to the kimberly area I now have worrying doughts abought this problem my paj is 2004 model four months out of warranty as I am not very mechanicly minded any help would be greatly appreciated regards

hammo

I replied to your other thread. What model? Known design problem with the companion shafts in NM / NP. Should be replaced a a recall but I had to pay mine when out of warranty. Will fix your leak and fix backlash to some extent. You need to go talk to MM as it is now fairly well known - particularly with those who tow.

Pat
    16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
    10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

axle or diff

thanks for your reply pat my model is 2004 just out of warranty by four months. I picked it up from my regular mechanic yesterday after he fixed the problem he advised me to persue it further with a mitsu dealer he told me that mitsu australia have ordered in a great deal of these modified shafts
      regards

hammo

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X