Tyre Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Poll

OK, I'm a glutton for punishment. What sort of tyres do board members run on their 4wds?

I understand that we can't all own the tyres we'd like to own, so please vote for what you have.

If you're one of the fortunates who own two sets, please vote for your "offroad tyres" - regardless of how much road time they actually see.

This isn't meant to be judgemental or accusatory - I'm just curious.

Cheers,

Scott
    Original Equipment tyres
    16.85%
    Highway Terrains
    6.74%
    All-Terrains
    59.55%
    Mud-Terrains
    13.48%
    Other (please specify)
    2.25%
    I don't like any of these options!
    1.12%
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Currently have Goodyear Silent Armours 265/75R16.

Decided on these after looking at BFG and Cooper, they seemed stiffer and felt like the side walls were thicker (esp. compared to the coopers).

After some of the sharp stoney roads I have travelled (ie including large rocks that left marks all over the side walls of the tyres) I am surprised I did not pucture a few tyres.

Touch wood.
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Where's the option for those of use who have 3 sets?

On road;
      31x10.5r15 Bridgestone Desert Duellers.

For offroad;
      32x10.5r15 Simex Extreme Trekkers
      33x13.5r15 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws

For my kind of (Offroad) driving in Victorian conditions, the Simex are the way to go for sure. The Claws aren't too bad and they look the goods . I will be definately getting another/bigger set of Extreme Trekkers in the future.
      Steele Perkins (#1263)
      NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

Originally posted by m1s3ry View Post
        Where's the option for those of use who have 3 sets?
        There's one in every crowd. The last option was included for the likes of you.

Originally posted by m1s3ry View Post
        For offroad;
        32x10.5r15 Simex Extreme Trekkers
        33x13.5r15 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws
        I'll go out on a limb and guess you're the one who voted "Other"?
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Run 285/75/16 Pro comp Xterrains on mine. Run em all the time and they are lasting pretty well for a MT...been really good tires so far.
          03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Tyre Poll

I run two types on my 2005 NP GLX - original equipment tyres on standard alloy rims (16") and also Cooper STT on steel rims (16")
            NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

cooper st 265 x70r16 Only done a few thousand k's, including a Flinders trip (skytrek etc.) So far so good.

Comment

HT's on the font
                ATs on the back, and the spare..

came ike that from the dealer... never got round to matching them up- in time.
                '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
                Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

dunlop AT2's 265/70/16. not too bad, me thinks that they are wearing a little too quick for my likings.
                  Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Had BF Goodrich A/Ts on my last 4 Pajeros. Never taken them off, despite always having the original tar baby tyres and rims for each vehicle in the shed. Usually throw the original H/T tyres back on at trade in time. BFGs always wear well, grip well etc. Great all rounder for me.
                    NM GL Diesel (Tourer)
                    NS Pajero (Tar Baby)

Comment

I currently use coopers ST 265 75 on my 204 Pajero, seem to work well offroad bit noisy on road at times, seem to be wearing well. Never had any problems with tyre damage
                      Don

MY05 GLS 5sp Manual 3.2L Diesel. Front, Rear ARB Lockers, Out of Town Long Ranger Auxillary Fuel Tank, Black Widow Drawer System. Steinbauer Chip. Rhino Roof Rack, Mickey Thompson 4 rib ATZ tyres. TJM underbody protection

Comment

Cooper 265/70/16 ST's which are contributing nicely to my industrial deafness.

Wearing ok but are missing a few chunks after our last high-country trip. Staked and destroyed one up there too. Not brilliant on-road but seem to be very good off road. They are not LT's in this size.

Best tyres I had on the NM were Pirelli Scorpian AT's but wore them out in 35,000km.

Pat
                        16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                        10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

running simex centipedes 31x10.5 on 15 inch rims[triton dual cab-turbo diesal]they are excelent in the mud and great on the beach.I regularly travel to Moreton Island,Bribie and D/i piont fishing and surfing and have no problems at all.

Comment

On road 32 x 10.5 x 16 GT Radials AT's, off road 32 x 10.5 x 16 Mongrel's

Marty

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X