New boots today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boots today

Went over to Competition Tyres in Murrumbeena today and had a set of Summit Mudhos fitted in a 265/75/16. Have to say for the price you cant go wrong. I paid $212 a corner! I am going to give them a test tomorrow, but on the way home it was raining and they gripped really well. I didnt think they were too noisey for a muddy, but they are new so time will tell. I will try to load a pic.
    Highly recommend Competition Tyres, the service was second to none.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Here's a pic.
    Attached Files
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

I got hankook dyna pro mts for $215 a corner with spare.
      I think they wear a bit quick but i rotate every 5k.
      Gota say they are great off road. Good on rd and not much noise.
      If i get good kms out of them i will go again.

Be keen to hear more about your choice. I havent seen them before.

Comment

These are my play set so i expect to have them for a while. Mypaj has a set and has done a few reports on them and they seem a good tyre. I was originally thinking of Maxxis 764s and asked the tyre shop guy how they compare to them and he said they are so much better.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

I dont think they to loud but thats on my NL and there 285/75, just looking at your pic your guard sits way higher than mine can you measure from bottom of rim to underside of guard please I will go check mine.
          Rick
          Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
          New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

i dont think they are too loud either. Front is 750mm bottom of rim to guard, rear 770mm.
            Cheers,
            Andrew.
            Cheers,
            Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

I just checked the front and mine is 740 hmm yours looks so much higher from tyre to guard.
              Rick
              Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***

Comment

Looking forward to testing them tomorrow.
                Cheers,
                Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Just wait until you hit the dirt track and air down its then you will feel how good they are I was amazed at how they made the dirt feel.
                  Rick

Comment

plenty of dirt tracks around wombat, and some mud too.
                    Cheers,
                    Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

I have had the summit ats on for 18months and are really happy and at the right price Have done about 25000on the rears and still look pretty good
                      2006 NP Snorkel Bullbar More goodies come 2001 NM full of goodies

Comment

I saw a set of A/Ts when i was there and wondered what they were like. Will keep them in mind for my next set of daily tyres.
                        Cheers,
                        Andrew.
                        Cheers,
                        Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Went for a play today, and all I can say is there tyres a awsome! Ate everything I threw at them. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
                          But I did notice when airing up one of the wheel nuts on the back wheels is missing. Had all of them before the new tyres so a phone call to be made in the morning.
                          Cheers,
                          Andrew.
                          Cheers,
                          Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Did they get cut or chipped at all and what did you air down to.
                            Rick

Comment

No signs of any chipping or damage. I dropped them down to 22, but they could have gone much lower.
                              Cheers,
                              Andrew.
                              Cheers,
                              Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X