km2 tire presure needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• km2 tire presure needed

hi guys, what the best pressure to run my 265/ 75/ 16 km2 mts on, for road use at the moment
    used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
    now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
    bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
    SKYPE NAME possum.58

What's the load index letter on the tyre and what max pressure has it got written?
    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Hi Peter, try 34/36 psi to start and then use the 4/6psi rule. A bit of mucking around to get right but worth it as each veh/tyre combination is different and what works for one dosnt always work for another. Bob
      98 NL GLS 3500. Now with a Bocar bullbar and 265/75/16 tyres. Waiting for a snorkel and UHF.
      Now with 7" HID

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?

Comment

I run my STT's at 45-48psi hwy if you run in the 30's you just wear your edges of your tyres out and there is no issue with running them up higher pressures. I monitor them on my inner wise pressure monitors and there get to low 50's when driving long distances but around town is fine, save fuel too!
        2011 NT RX 3.2DiD.ARB Winch Bar,Avenger 9500lb Winch,ARB Lockers,OME 2' Lifted Suspension,Poly Airs,58lt LRA Tank, Redarc Dual Battery Kit,Snorkel,Rock Sliders,GME UHF TX3340,265/70R17 MTZ's,Full Under Body Protection,48lt S/S Water Tank,HID Spot Lights,LED Light Bar,Custom Made Rear Draws,Diff Breathers,Diesel Smart Module,B&M Tranny Cooler,Dual Wheel Carrier,Rear,Camp Light,In Dash GPS,Coupler Tech,Tyre Monitors,Scan Gauge,3' Manta Exh,HPD InterCooler,RhinoRack etc

Comment

To high a pressure results in increase tyre wear at the centre of the tread, therefore not getting the mileage out of the tyre and also reducing the tyre contact patch on the road which means that only half of the tyre is actually in contact with the road surface resulting in a less safer driving condition. To low a pressure results in the edges of the tyre bearing the full load of your driving, again, not really a safe option. Most people will agree that the tyre places often over inflate tyres and often give the wrong advice on tyre pressures for some reason of their own. Please do a search on this and other forums to get the real facts on correct tyre pressures.

Sorry, rant over. Bob
          98 NL GLS 3500. Now with a Bocar bullbar and 265/75/16 tyres. Waiting for a snorkel and UHF.
          Now with 7" HID

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?

Comment

When on the 'black stuff' I run 38psi allround with my km2's. Have tried a few various pressures, ranging from 32 up to 42 & have found 38 to be best. 32 was too low in my opinion & anything above 42 is 'overkill' unless fully laden.

On another note, when offroad, especially on shaley type surfaces dont go any higher than 20-22 or you will get some chipping....
            NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X