Brought a set of Cooper HT Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brought a set of Cooper HT Plus

Hi everyone I got myself a set of these in 265/60/18 at $200 per corner (grey import) I think that they're a bargain.

But I have been waiting for some wet weather before some feed back.
    First thing I did notice is that they're a bit heavier on the juice.
    They do feel a bit squirmy over the tyres I got rid of (Dunlop AT20) but they are a blockie pattern.

However so far in the wet great! the second I got a few spots onto my windshield in the last tyres it was straight in 4X4 but with these I can confidently remain in 2X4 I really have to punch the loud peddle in a roundabout or corner to loose traction and when I went to 4X4 I really had to push hard through a large roundabout to enforce any drift.

I would like to try some off roading in them as the pattern does look more aggressive than the old Dunlop AT20s I had on, and the side wall feels much stiffer.

As to the wear rate well its only been a month so I will see how that goes.
    2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

My NS had the HT Plus on it when I bought it. They do have a high load rating and seem to be very solidly made. Probably one of the more dirt road/track capable road tyres around IMHO. I did find them pretty harsh as far as ride goes, and relatively noisy. The AT3s I have now give a more comfortable ride, are better off road, and are actually less noisy than the HT Plus were.

They were a lot more than $200 a corner though .

You've got a pretty good deal I reckon.
    Merts
    Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
    Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X