305/60/R18 on NT Paj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 305/60/R18 on NT Paj

Apologies in advance if this topic has already been discussed before, I did a search and didn't to find anything. I have a 2010 NT 3.2 and will be due for some new tyres in the near future. I've got the 18" rims that came with the Vrx, which as most of you seem to know makes tyre choice pretty limited when going bigger,without buying a set of 17's

So after abit of calling around I managed to find Dick Cepek do a 305/60/R18, which leads me to my question...has anyone fitted this size to their NT/NS etc. Before? I would be very interested to hear your experiences...do they fit in the arch? Scrub etc.?
    2010 NT Pajero VRX Pearl White

- 2" Dobinsons Lift - Xrox Bar - Electronic brakes - Rhino Pioneer Rack - Roo Systems awning - TJM Airtech Snorkel - K&N Air Filter - 82ah Dual Battery system - Waeco CFX-65DZ - Custom rear drawer - 3" Xforce Turbo back Exhaust System - Bushskinz Bashplate - Redarc EGT and Boost Gauge - 285/65/r18 Nitto Trail Grapplers -18x8 CSA Raptors - 1000mm Korr XD500 LED Bar -

That sounds like a very big tyre, 18" normally means lots of $$$$$ maybe a 17" change over might be a better option
    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

I think you will find they will scrub, even with a lift.
      08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

I have just fitted General Grabber AT2's to our NS Exceed. I picked the 275/65 R18. I think they fit very well. According to the tyre guy I spoke to a 275 is the widest tyre that should be fitted to the 7.5" wide wheels. The tyres only scrubbed on the front edge of the front guard at full lock and a bit of bump (I removed bit the plastic shown in my pics and gave the metal bracket a tweak).
        Attached Files
        '08 Silver NS Exceed

Comment

yes try and use the 275 x 65,s . i have this size on my older NM and they are quite wide enough. don,t try and get the pejero looking like those on road BMW,s x7 ,s.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by TellyKom View Post
            I have just fitted General Grabber AT2's to our NS Exceed. I picked the 275/65 R18. I think they fit very well. According to the tyre guy I spoke to a 275 is the widest tyre that should be fitted to the 7.5" wide wheels. The tyres only scrubbed on the front edge of the front guard at full lock and a bit of bump (I removed bit the plastic shown in my pics and gave the metal bracket a tweak).
            Thanks for the info mate! The larger tyres look great on your paj, thinking I might go that option now and save any trouble with even larger sizes

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
            yes try and use the 275 x 65,s . i have this size on my older NM and they are quite wide enough. don,t try and get the pejero looking like those on road BMW,s x7 ,s.
            Definitely wasnt doing it to try and get that look haha, they look a bit over the top, was more looking at the size because it was available in the dick cepek fc2's, 32.6" or something like that. I'm more after the extra height gained by a larger tyre than the width, I'm trying to get a 33 that will fit basically

I came across the coopers ST Maxx in 275/70r18 the other day, which is a 33.1, only issue is the questionable reputation of coopers of late...
            2010 NT Pajero VRX Pearl White

- 2" Dobinsons Lift - Xrox Bar - Electronic brakes - Rhino Pioneer Rack - Roo Systems awning - TJM Airtech Snorkel - K&N Air Filter - 82ah Dual Battery system - Waeco CFX-65DZ - Custom rear drawer - 3" Xforce Turbo back Exhaust System - Bushskinz Bashplate - Redarc EGT and Boost Gauge - 285/65/r18 Nitto Trail Grapplers -18x8 CSA Raptors - 1000mm Korr XD500 LED Bar -

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X