Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating in the spare

Hey guys,

For those that rotate 5 wheels instead of 4, at what increments do you rotate all 5?

I just had my first 5000km rotation of the 697s and bought a 5th one at the same time so i can rotate all 5 for longer wear and an LT spare (Other one now in the shed for 2nd spare).

The Bridgestone place said the others are all wearing very well and that they will rotate it in at 10,000kms as that's what they normally do, so they put the brand newy on the back door....

5k - 4 tyres
    10k - 5 tyres
    15k - 4 tyres
    20k - 5 tyres

etc etc etc

That sound normal? I just assumed they would rotate all 5 every time?

Cheers,

Matt
    | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
    | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
    | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
    | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Just posted in the review on these tyres :

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...=27966&page=19

Post # 187 page 19 & on ... I'll be doing every 20 thou
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Originally posted by MoreliaMatt View Post
      Hey guys,

For those that rotate 5 wheels instead of 4, at what increments do you rotate all 5?

I just had my first 5000km rotation of the 697s and bought a 5th one at the same time so i can rotate all 5 for longer wear and an LT spare (Other one now in the shed for 2nd spare).

That sound normal? I just assumed they would rotate all 5 every time?

Cheers,

Matt
      I prefer the 5 tyre rotation, so I may do as you did, buy the 5th at my next rotation. As I only bought the 4 LT 697's at the time. (265/65 -17")
      Where I bought mine they say every 10k.
      As a matter of interest how much did it cost you to buy a single tyre? When I bought the 4, they were $300 each. But going by Gus's Bidgestone 697 review post, some have bought them cheaper than that.
      Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
      Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
        I prefer the 5 tyre rotation, so I may do as you did, buy the 5th at my next rotation. As I only bought the 4 LT 697's at the time. (265/65 -17")
        Where I bought mine they say every 10k.
        As a matter of interest how much did it cost you to buy a single tyre? When I bought the 4, they were $300 each. But going by Gus's Bidgestone 697 review post, some have bought them cheaper than that.
        You did well for $300 each!

This one cost me $322, which is the same price as i paid for each of the others back in April when i put them on.

I shopped around at all the tyre places near me (about 7 stores) and this was the cheapest, and also offered free rotations and balances. Which is handy...

Thanks for the heads up Gus, sounds like 10k is the norm! Thanks!

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
        | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
        | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
        | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Comment

I did them at 7500. Reason is that they are done every service then and don't need a special trip to get them done.
          NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

I do a 5 tyre rotation and balance every 10,000km, if they are wearing relatively evenly and no issues. For the first 3 rotations over 40,000km I do the following;
            LHF to LHR
            LHR to Spare
            Spare to LHF
            RHF to RHR
            RHR to RHF

After 40,000km I look at each tyre and even up any wear issues by swapping left o right or flipping on the rim. I may even do 5,000km rotations on some of the tyres, my aim is to wear all 5 tyres out together.

I find I get the most even wear and longest life out of 5 tyres doing this.

Also the left hand front tyre wears the quickest around the city and the left hand rear gets the most punishment in the bush so this is why the spare only rotates through the left hand side.

cheers, old Jack.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Bridgestones have D697 on special for November @ $319 rather than a quoted $354. Just got 2 for $300 ea without much haggle. 265/65/17.
              MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
              Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
              http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

Local Kmart tyre shop has 697's for $269ea 265/65/17
                2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

I never rotated the spare on the escape, fronts went to the rear and rear to the front. Wish I did rotate the 5th.
                  I'll try get it done on the shorty, every service just move each one clockwise. Next set on the escape (probably mid next year) will get rotated like this. The untouched d694 will probably become the 2nd spare.
                  '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
                  Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

I rotate all 5 tyres about every 10,000km that way with the bridgestone anyway you should get about 90-95,000km from a 5 tyre set. Look up any tyre website, tyres do not last forever even if they are just sitting on the back, rain hail and shine will damage the rubber so if you are paying $300 for it you might as well wear it out.
                    Tyres have a shelf life of about 5years before they should be thrown.
                    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by XXXceed View Post
                      Local Kmart tyre shop has 697's for $269ea 265/65/17
                      Wow!! my local k-mart want $329!

Comment

Originally posted by MoreliaMatt View Post
                        Wow!! my local k-mart want $329!
                        Agree, mates rates and I was still looking at around 320... That was early in the year tho. Maybe there excess stock ATM?
                        NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

I just bought 6 tyres (2spare). Regarding the rotation, what would you guys recommend? Every 10k the 2 rear to front, 2 front to spare and 2 spare to rear?
                          Or I should change the sides as well? The tyres are BFGoodrich A/T 265/65/17.
                          My other question is where can I get a rim for the 6th wheel in Sydney? Its a 2012 NW.
                          2013 Pajero GLXR - ARB Bullbar, Warn XD9000, HID lights, UHF radio, Dual Battery with IBS isolator, Dobinsons/Koni 90/88, ARB alloy roofrack, cheap chinese fridge at the back which works well, ARB awning + Oztent RV5 TagAlong tent, BF Goodrich A/T with 2 spare, The Outback knife hanging on my belt. Future projects: smart drawer system (I'm a cabinetmaker), LRA long range tank, save lots of time to travel

Comment

Amazing the vast difference in price for these tyres, I presumed they had dropped in price since earlier in the year, I did also ask for a quote for 5 aswell so that might have helped.
                            Getting back to the subject, the key reason behind wanting to purchase the 5 was to enable the complete tyre rotation technique as described by Gus and other members.only way to look after them properly in my opinion
                            2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

I rotate every 5K, Always rotate all 5.

Spare to LHR,

LHR to LHF,

LHF to RHR,

RHR to RHF,

RHF to Spare.

I never buy directional tyres.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...