How long would a set of OME coils last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long would a set of OME coils last

Its a bit of a how long is a piece of string question, but I was wanting to know thoughts on how long coil springs should be expected to last (ie maintain the lift).

Reason I am asking is because my OME coils have been installed for about 100k (and 11 years) and more recently I seem to get a lot of sagging when loaded for camping weekends (never used to).

The only thing additional I carry is a rear timber storage system and long ranger tank. Perhaps these additional features have pushed my coils to sagging point...

I am worried that if I buy new coils I'll have the same problems. I guess I might have to shop around to see what other brands are out there that might be a little stiffer.

Thoughts? This post is a bit like thinking out loud...
    Andrew
    1989 NG Superwagon V6
    2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
    1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Originally posted by awbeattie381 View Post
    Thoughts? This post is a bit like thinking out loud...
    I think part of your answer would lie in long ranger tank and timber storage. That alone would be put an additional 80-100Kg strain on your coils.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

Try LC 80 Series Front Coil Spacers to compensate the Extra Weight to the rear springs, I did this when towing our van and the Paj was Fully Loaded, Perfect results and Easy to fit.
      NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

After 11 years !?! you're concerned that your springs are no longer holding up that well?

After 11 years, just buy some new springs!
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

thanks lads! sometimes it takes a post like this to work out the obvious. Will investigate the spacers but might be looking at some new springs.
          Andrew
          1989 NG Superwagon V6
          2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
          1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X