Look what turned up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what turned up.

Got my muddies today. Surprised they actually turned up without having to either wait a week or go pick them up myself. Was worried that the sidewalls may have been on the thin side, but geez they're thick. Feels like they're half an inch thick. They weigh about 27 kilos each (according to our scales that may or may not be accurate). Not sure how the 1hz will go with them on.

Cheaper than anything I could source locally, cheapest was $260 for nankangs. Found out cost price for federal muddies and wow are the tyre dealers making a packet.

Need money now to fit them up and give them a run.
    Attached Files
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

Henry David Thoreau

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks good. What brand, size and cost. Bob
    98 NL GLS 3500. Now with a Bocar bullbar and 265/75/16 tyres. Waiting for a snorkel and UHF.
    Now with 7" HID

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?

Comment

They're Maxtrek Mud Trac, 285/75/16 $210 delivered a tyre. Got them sitting in the bedroom for the moment, been telling the wife they're my babies.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

That is a good price. Nice looking tyre too.
        I was looking for muddies a couple of months ago, went for Summit Mudhods, $212a corner. Got a quote on some Mickey T's, about double the Mudhogs.
        Its good there are some decent tyres out there that dont cost the earth.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
        Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

I really wanted to try the mudhogs. Couldn't get them locally so went with these ebay cheapies. Never had muddies before so can't opinionate one way or other against other brands, but visually they look pretty good and solid. Sidewalls are 3 ply and seem so thick compared to a/t's. Putting them between thumb and forefinger they feel about half an inch thick. I should buy some verniers to do a check. Got them here. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MAXTREK-2...4b7de17&_uhb=1

Won't know anymore till I get them on, but for the moment they will be daily runners. Tossing up whether to run them daily or get some rims and keep them as play tyres. I'm thinking swapping over all the time will get old real fast.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

only $173 each now, pity about the postage cost to Tassie tho otherwise I would get a set as well.
            2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

Yeah just checked postage cost to hobart and it's a bit rude. But I guess anything to tassie from the mainland costs a bit. Ebay was the best option for me, tyre prices locally just didn't work for me, and nothing online was going to work out other than these. Can't wait to get them fitted so I can see them in action, be able then to say whether to try something else or not.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Hurry up, waiting to read how good they are. 265/75/16 size are under $200 ea. Bob
                98 NL GLS 3500. Now with a Bocar bullbar and 265/75/16 tyres. Waiting for a snorkel and UHF.
                Now with 7" HID

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?

Comment

Haha, I need money first to get them fitted. Should be giving them a workout next weekend so will have to try the hill that tore up my at's pretty bad.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

im interested in how they perform on road and off road also. i was looking at these on ebay last week with the cursor hovering over the buy it now button but chickened out.
                    Currently Own
                    - 2008 NS 3.2L TD - Smart Bar, Warn winch, Kings spot lights, Dual batteries, UHF, Roof basket, Kings Awning, AT tyres + more to come!
                    - 2006 NP 3.8L - Alloy bullbar, Spotlights, Ironman 2" lift, UHF, AT tyres

Previously Owned
                    - 1992 NH 2.5L TD - Bullbar, Winch, Roof basket, UHF, AT tyres

Comment

$939 for 4 shipped to Hobart still isn't that bad, cheaper to get them shipped to Hobart than Lonnie too.
                      2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

Would definitely cost more to get an established brand in. But under a thousand for muddies is still doing ok. Next time I may try for the mudhogs and see how they go. Just need to save a bit longer to do it.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by peejay68au View Post
                          They're Maxtrek Mud Trac, 285/75/16 $210 delivered a tyre. Got them sitting in the bedroom for the moment, been telling the wife they're my babies.
                          Mate has these on his 100 series cruiser and just came back from doing a lap of tassie with his 22 foot caravan, he loves them. He had coopers st maxx on before these but could not justify the price.
                          I will be looking at these when the paj needs new boots.

Dave
                          NS DiD VRX, ARB Steel Bar, Roo Lites, Safari Snorkel, GME UHF, 2" Lift, Poly Airs, Dual Batteries, Cooper Tyres, Ecu remap, 3inch exhaust, Imax 12000lb Winch,

Comment

Well that's pleasing to hear. Always hard getting a relatively unknown tyre and hoping it will do the job.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

have you tried these tyres out yet? im interested in your opinion on them
                              Currently Own
                              - 2008 NS 3.2L TD - Smart Bar, Warn winch, Kings spot lights, Dual batteries, UHF, Roof basket, Kings Awning, AT tyres + more to come!
                              - 2006 NP 3.8L - Alloy bullbar, Spotlights, Ironman 2" lift, UHF, AT tyres

Previously Owned
                              - 1992 NH 2.5L TD - Bullbar, Winch, Roof basket, UHF, AT tyres

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X