Maxtrek Mud Trac Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxtrek Mud Trac Review

Tyres are on. First thing noticed is the noise, not too bad really but you know you got muddies, only apparent when going over 60k's an hour. Only got about 100 k's or so on them so not much to tell so far.Seems to track better than the old at's. Turn in seems to be very good no sign of understeer, but not pushing too hard at the moment either. Ride according to the father in law is better, I feel it may be smoother. No rain here so can't say anything about wet weather performance. Was going to go out for a run on the weekend but we're starting to feel sick so will have to see what we feel like come saturday.

I believe I will be happy with them, maybe a little early to say though.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

Henry David Thoreau

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the little bit of wet weather we've had the tyres are a little bit slippery in the wet. Probably about what you'd expect for a muddy. But I'm still working out pressures at the moment to see what works best. At the moment I'm running 38f 36r. Front seems good at that pressure but will be dropping to 34r and see how that goes.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Dropped pressures to 36f 34r seems to be fine at that. Trip to Armidale through the mountains pushing hard, all I can say is they performed very well. Wet weather is still a go slow effort tho. Extremely happy so far, have 4000k's on them now. I haven't got them offroad as yet. Nothing working out in that regard, either busy with dr's/hospital or helping people move house with entirely too much shit that needed to go to the tip instead of the new place.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

any chance you could measure how deep the tread is on them?
        Currently Own
        - 2008 NS 3.2L TD - Smart Bar, Warn winch, Kings spot lights, Dual batteries, UHF, Roof basket, Kings Awning, AT tyres + more to come!
        - 2006 NP 3.8L - Alloy bullbar, Spotlights, Ironman 2" lift, UHF, AT tyres

Previously Owned
        - 1992 NH 2.5L TD - Bullbar, Winch, Roof basket, UHF, AT tyres

Comment

Just checked, there's about 12 mm of tread. Was about 13mm to start with.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Went out today to Yuraygir and Candole to test out the tyres. Awesome grip. So much better than at's, makes driving easy. Very very happy with them. Would buy again in a heartbeart.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by peejay68au View Post
              Went out today to Yuraygir and Candole to test out the tyres. Awesome grip. So much better than at's, makes driving easy. Very very happy with them. Would buy again in a heartbeart.
              hey mate I know it was a hell of a long time ago but how did the tyre go for the remainder of its life? Any good in the sand? Did the noise get worse as the tyre wore on...

cheers!

Comment

Going well so far. Got over 23k on them, never been on the beach with them just sandy tracks but no problems there. Had them balanced the other week and they are due for a rotate, but they said not to bother they are wearing even so I could leave it for a few thousand k's yet. I've mentioned before they are skittish in the wet but they seem to be improving in that regard with a few thousand k's on them. Still think they were a bargain buy for me. Not sure if they will behave differently on a lighter 4b or not, but on the 80 they have a good feel to them. They weigh something like 27 kilo each in the 33's.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

When driving in the wet on bitumen do you use 4wd?
                  Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
                  Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

No don't have full time 4wd cruiser just part time.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by peejay68au View Post
                      Going well so far. Got over 23k on them, never been on the beach with them just sandy tracks but no problems there. Had them balanced the other week and they are due for a rotate, but they said not to bother they are wearing even so I could leave it for a few thousand k's yet. I've mentioned before they are skittish in the wet but they seem to be improving in that regard with a few thousand k's on them. Still think they were a bargain buy for me. Not sure if they will behave differently on a lighter 4b or not, but on the 80 they have a good feel to them. They weigh something like 27 kilo each in the 33's.
                      Thanks for the update!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X