Another A/T thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another A/T thread

OK guys, hit me up with some decent A/Ts, I haven't looked into them for a while. Gonna run two sets of tyres on the next paj at this stage so I'm gonna go (probably) stock size A/Ts as my daily boots.

I'm after a strong touring level tyre so preferably a ply rating of 10 or as close to as possible and of course LT construction. Preferably not costing me a kidney for a set however. Doesn't have to be particularly aggressive but I'd like to be able to do short day trips to easy-moderate areas in them as required. Thinking along the lines of the Falken Wild Peak A/T or the Mickey T STZ (ATZ P3 probably a bit too aggressive since I'll have a second set of M/T). D697s seem to be a bit hit and miss of late from what I've read so not particularly keen on those, but happy to be convinced otherwise.

Thanks in advance
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

looking at new tyres myself, still unsure maxxis at 980. generel grabber at. hankook at. currently running maxxis bravo 700 at, in need of something with more bight.

Comment

Grabber AT2 and the Toyo M55 both seem to get rave reviews. The M55 is Tyrepower's largest selling AT, especially to the minesites etc.

I will most likely be going for the Grabber AT2 on mine as they are cheaper.
      NW VRX MY2013
      Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

Not sure about price but the Cooper AT³ looks like a good rubber, most of the LT sizes are 10 ply rated, mates old man runs them in LT265/70/17 as his normal rubber (has STT's as play tyres) and has been really impressed with them. bag out pretty well, look nice and not too loud...
        2001 NM 2.8TD GLS Pajero, ARB bar, 9000lb Tmax winch, Airtec snorkel, GME UHF, breathers, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, rear storage, Ebay HID's, King EHD lift, LED lighting, dual battery kit, bushskinz intercooler/sump guards, narva +120 globes, tigerz awning, Exedy HD SMF clutch/flywheel kit, pinstriping aplenty...

To do list: Locker, sliders, transmission guard, blah blah blah....

Comment

Toyo OPAT2 is worth a look - I can get them over here for $270 fitted in 32 inch size.
          1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

TC, I was going to suggest Mickey Thompson 4 rib, but as you dont want to go with an overly aggressive A/T, I would seriously consider the Pirelli Scorpion ATR. Have put them on my partners NP & they are a brilliant tyre. Would also consider the Toyo Opats as had them in the past & they werent too bad, but for the perfect compromise, find the Pirelli's hard to beat.
            NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by mk2grimace View Post
              Not sure about price but the Cooper AT³ looks like a good rubber, most of the LT sizes are 10 ply rated, mates old man runs them in LT265/70/17 as his normal rubber (has STT's as play tyres) and has been really impressed with them. bag out pretty well, look nice and not too loud...
              theres a lot cheaper brands out there with that same tread pattwern, paying for a name there, look elsewhere you will save $1oo per corner

Comment

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                OK guys, hit me up with some decent A/Ts, I haven't looked into them for a while. Gonna run two sets of tyres on the next paj at this stage so I'm gonna go (probably) stock size A/Ts as my daily boots.

I'm after a strong touring level tyre so preferably a ply rating of 10 or as close to as possible and of course LT construction. Preferably not costing me a kidney for a set however. Doesn't have to be particularly aggressive but I'd like to be able to do short day trips to easy-moderate areas in them as required. Thinking along the lines of the Falken Wild Peak A/T or the Mickey T STZ (ATZ P3 probably a bit too aggressive since I'll have a second set of M/T). D697s seem to be a bit hit and miss of late from what I've read so not particularly keen on those, but happy to be convinced otherwise.

Thanks in advance
                http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...1&postcount=50

I was very close to getting the General Grabber AT2's, very nice tyre, and fantastic prices when I was looking.
                2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Thanks for that all, some great suggestions there. Will go through them all later today.

Now, at risk of opening a huge can of worms...............

Has anyone ever had their ESC fitted car delivered from Mitsubishi with larger OD tyres and if so do you reckon this could be argued as enough to get around the current ESC regulations?

Main reason I'm going to run two sets is because I don't like going outside of roadworthy regs and I'm planning to wait for the LS Suspension NCOP review results (think it's being finalised in the next month or two by memory) until I buy my play tyres as I'm hoping they will make the ESC section a bit more user friendly. If not I'm hoping I'll find a friendly engineer who is willing to certify my car with a lift and tyre setup. But if getting the car delivered with bigger tyres would get around that I'll be jumping on it (gonna be delivered with A/Ts anyway).

As a related side note, anyone else read the article in the ARB magazine that came out recently regarding OME setups being tested by Bosch (apparently the ESC experts in Aus) and they found that the lifted suspension actually improved handling and the ESC response? (due to better quality components, but still! Big news!)
                  Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

yep had mine delivered with OS tyres, no issues at all.
                    2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

Originally posted by bush dweller View Post
                      theres a lot cheaper brands out there with that same tread pattwern, paying for a name there, look elsewhere you will save $1oo per corner
                      There's more to a tyre than the tread pattern.
                      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 Toyo MT, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Originally posted by HSV Rangie View Post
                        yep had mine delivered with OS tyres, no issues at all.
                        Yeah, just very hesitant with the ESC restrictions. Tempting to just do it but I'd hate to write off a lambo or something and have them attribute it to reduced braking capability due to larger tyres or some rubbish. Anyone got any idea if getting it delivered from the manufacturer with larger tyres is enough to get around it? CAN mitsu actually do anything RE reprogramming the ECU parameters? (god these requirements are a joke )

Comment

I recently got a set of Kuhmo AT K260. 31×10.5×15 LT at $195 a corner, fitted and balanced. Can't complain at this stage. Won a jacket in their promotion comp as well

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X