Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Shudder on Take off

Hi Guys,

I brought this Issue up on the old Site but didn't really get any useful advise, So i'm trying my luck again with any options.

My Issue is that I get a Clutch shudder on take off. The more of a steep hill i'm on the more off a shudder i get while taking off. I have replaced my Cluth around 1 year ago thinking that the New Clutch Kit would Fix the Problem but still the same. This Clutch that was put in by a mechanic was a 4WD cluth, not a standard cluth.

The Forby has been like this ever since I purchased it a year and a half ago which even the inspection report on the Forby had also been written to say "slight clutch Shudder".

I have checked all Mounts and they seem to be fairly average with much more life into it. Can a 4WD Clutch cause it to shudder like this.

Any Opinions will be great.

Cheers
    NJ Shortie 3ltr
    ARB Bullbar, ARB Front and Rear Air Locca, polyair bag suspension, Airtek snorkel, Dual Battery setup, Exhaust setup, Big Doof Doof Stereo

Do you know if they machined the fly wheel when they replaced the clutch, your fly wheel could be glazed.
    Gary
    Dual Battery
    80Ltr Waeco
    91Ltr Longrange Tank
    3" Lovells/Bilstein
    3” Exhaust
    Winch
    NP 05 DID

Comment

Hi Garygls

Yes they did machine the fly wheel aswell.
      NJ Shortie 3ltr
      ARB Bullbar, ARB Front and Rear Air Locca, polyair bag suspension, Airtek snorkel, Dual Battery setup, Exhaust setup, Big Doof Doof Stereo

Comment

Maybe check out all your bushes from your gear box to your diff just for starters & even engine mounts. Does the Nj have coils or Leafsprings? If the bushes are worn badly with some leafsprings set ups, they can give an axel tram effect that can be felt through the clutch.
        Dual Battery
        80Ltr Waeco
        91Ltr Longrange Tank
        3" Lovells/Bilstein
        3” Exhaust
        Winch
        NP 05 DID

Comment

Mine does this occasionally, usually when it is cold I think. Not bad enough for me to be bothered doing anything about it. I figured it was clutch slip.

Comment

The Paj has Coil Springs

All Mounts have been checked and fairly in good condition.

I wouldn't of thought that a clutch slip would have a shudder J.M. White.
            NJ Shortie 3ltr

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X