Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4LLc - How dose it feel

G'Day Fellow Pajerians,

This being my first 4wd im not shore how the stearing should feel when driving in low range.When its in 4HLc or 4LLc there is a lot of resistance in the steering and it feels like it wants to push foward rather than turn.When i drive foward it almost feels like the handbrake is on and it takes a lot more effort to get moving, is this normal?.

Dose locking the centre diff give the efect of having an air opperated front locker i know that they would act in this way(from watching DVDs).Havent played in the mud yet just a quick go in a gravel carpark.I'm thinking this is all norman but just wanted to make shore all is well with the paj.

PS--I just had all the oils changed too.

Thanks for any comments....cheers.
    95 GLS 3L man, ECB Bullbar, Uniden UHF, Magellan Explorist XL, Tinted Windows, 31"x10.5" Mickey Thompson MTZ, Lightforce 170 Striker D/Lights, Rocksliders.

You aren't trying 4LLc or 4HLc on tar or a fairly solid surface are you? You must only used Lc in the loose stuff. On higher traction surfaces it will steer as you describe, and worse - will cause transmission "wind up" which can result in damage.

The centre diff lock locks the front and rear driveshafts together meaning equal drive speeds and equal torque to the front and rear axles. It locks the diff between the front and rear that resides in the transfer case. It is not the same as a front locker.

Cheers - Pat
    (ps - dose = does, efect = effect, shore = sure..... ain't the English language painful)
    16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
    10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Thanks Pat,

What you said was right.I got to drive on some wet slippery grass today and it felt alot better.I took a closer look at the gravel carpark i was in and it does have a firm bace under it.Now to find some mud.
      95 GLS 3L man, ECB Bullbar, Uniden UHF, Magellan Explorist XL, Tinted Windows, 31"x10.5" Mickey Thompson MTZ, Lightforce 170 Striker D/Lights, Rocksliders.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X