Coil spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil spacers

Just a quick question. Rear GQ coils fit a gen 2 paj right? So would coil spacers made for a GQ patrol fit on with no probs?

Cheers Jack
    1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Originally posted by 1993 NJ LWB View Post
    Just a quick question. Rear GQ coils fit a gen 2 paj right? So would coil spacers made for a GQ patrol fit on with no probs?

Cheers Jack
    No they don't, you need a router to take out a bit in the middle so they fit around the ring bit on the Paj body work.

It didn't need to be that deep, but we were having router issues that day..
    Steele Perkins (#1263)
    NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

Thx m1s3ry, for all your imput to my threads!!

Jack
      1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Comment

I had the same problem, was after more height in the ass end and looked for spacers but was told by alot of people stay away from them as they can pop out and thats the last thing you need out bush.
        Hence spacers pops out spring pops out

Just go for GQ stock springs and you should get an extra 2"+ on what you already have . I paid $50 from a wrecker

Cheers Dash

Comment

So GQ coils give about a 3.5 to 4 lift over standard right? Coz I already have a 2" lift but would like a tad more. Also whats the flex like with GQ coils?

Comment

Yes thats right. I had a 2" lift also.
            The flex on mine is not to bad as I have removed rear sway bar But I need to extend the brake lines and really should get longer shocks.

All the same I'm really happy with it.

Cheers Dash
            PIC02591.JPG
            Last edited by dash; 05-11-07, 06:04 PM. Reason: more to say

Comment

Ah nice I was thinking of taking my rear sway bar off to. Whats the handling like without it? Does "not to bad" mean better than standard?

This is how my paj flex now, do you think it would have better or worse flex with GQ coils?

thx Jack

edit: In that pic your paj looks no where near as high as m1s3ry and you both have GQ coils right? Probly just the angle of the pic though.
              Last edited by 1993 NJ LWB; 06-11-07, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Without the rear sway bar I don't think it's to bad , you get use to it.
                As far as flex maby a bit better with GQ springs but much more lift

Cheers Dash

Ps 1. Is it a daily driver or just weekend ??

2. Wife hates driving it without sway bar. More for me

3. Much better than standard

4. " GO FOR THE GQ COILS YOU WILL LOVE IT "

Comment

It doesn't matter what coils/spacers you have, if you don't have the right shock length it won't be worth it. Since i put the GU coils in, i've also got some longer shocks. About 3" more travel than the other shocks i had that matched the +2" spings, and a longer brake line (You only need one as it's in the middle of the diff. Now at full droop, the shocks run out of travel just as the springs start to become loose, perfect match. Unfortunately i havent had a chance to flex it since this.. Still running the sway bars, for now.

Shocks:

Old flex:
                  Steele Perkins (#1263)

Comment

Thx for the advice guys just 1 more possible dumb question. Are GU and GQ coils the same? I feel this is the last bit of info I need b4 heading to the wreckers!

PS. It is my DD but I also drive my dads Rover classic a fair bit so I know what body role feels like :P

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 NJ LWB View Post
                      Thx for the advice guys just 1 more possible dumb question. Are GU and GQ coils the same? I feel this is the last bit of info I need b4 heading to the wreckers!

PS. It is my DD but I also drive my dads Rover classic a fair bit so I know what body role feels like :P
                      I'm fairly sure they are close enough to say the same IMHO. Make sure you don't get heavy duty ones, they need to be standard or they will be too stiff.
                      Steele Perkins (#1263)

Comment

Well I picked up some GQ coils from the wreckers yesterday. Thing is today I noticed they had a OME sticker them. So there is a good chance they are raised for the GQ right? Do any of you guys happen to know how tall a std GQ spring should be? This may save me the trouble of taking one of my rear coils out to compare the height.

As always Cheers
                        Jack

Comment

Originally posted by dash View Post
                          I had the same problem, was after more height in the ass end and looked for spacers but was told by alot of people stay away from them as they can pop out and thats the last thing you need out bush.
                          Hence spacers pops out spring pops out
                          Be careful about taking Pajero advice from non-Pajero people.

Spacers popping out may be an issue with some vehicles, but I doubt it would be an issue for a Pajero with standard length shocks. My springs are heavy duty/stock length for a LWB, which originally gave me about two inches of lift. Over time they sagged a little, so I installed some 30mm Patrol spacers, routed as m1s3ry posted.

I had to disconnect my shock absorbers before I could drop the axle far enough to remove the springs, much less install the spacers too. My springs or spacers won't come out unless something else fails first.
                          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Well my Iron man 40mm lift coils are 40.5cm high (unloaded) and the GQ are 46cm so 2 and a tad inch higher.(dont know what they will be like when loaded) but should be good. Will try fit them tomoz.

Comment

Put the GQ coils in today, looks good! Still I wonder if its to high. I measure 855mm from the bottom of my rim(15") to the flare. Could you guys tell me what yours measure.

PS make sure you list your rim size and if u have a body lift.

Cheers
                              Jack

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X