Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ 3.5ltr GLS Brake pads

Yo All,
    After rejoining the group (my fault for not updating my email address), i am in need of assistance with tech info here.

I have recently ordered a ful set of DBA slotted brake rotors(discs) from one of our local parts stores.
    As i want these new rotors to last the distance rather than be eaten by extra hard pads... Can someone in "the know" please recommend a "soft" brake pad Brand and Model that will not "eat" my new discs.

As space is very limited at our "new home", i will be most likely getting all of the above fitted by a local brake mechanic. No-one in town has stock of the pads needed other than the Ferodo 4x4 pads at S'Cheap.
    Repco do not have a complete set of Ferodo Target pads, nor Bendix equilvalents. The price difference of $55 vs $80 respectively for the same level of pad is not good.

Cheers,
    grasshopper
    Sold by EX - 96 NJ GLS LWB 3.5ltr DOHC. My time here is now limited...

MMM...Ferodo pads

Target's .. Cheapest, softest and the most brake fade

XL's .. good all round pad with a bedding in material to help get them set faster..bendix CT's are the equivalent

4WD pads, harder compound, Will bite better, have less fade and will last longer than the others Both Ferodo and Bendix have 4WD pads. Both are harder than the others mentioned but if you want your 4WD to stop when things are heated up Soft pads will not do it.
    NL 3.5, 2.5" Ironman suspension, 33" BF Muddies,

Comment

Yo KAPhotography, As i do not do any extreme 4x4ing, i think i can get away with the Softer brake pads.
      Our NJ Pajero may be an auto, but i do use the lower bands to slow any mountain decent. On a side note, it is funny to watch umpteen car drivers ride their brakes all/most of the way down through the mountains. lol

Cheers,
      grasshopper

Comment

I'd stick with the Bendix 4WD pads They're not that hard that they'll chew the rotors but they will stop you.
        Cheers, John.
        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Seems a little odd that you are fitting "performance" rotors but are quite happy to toss in cheap 'n' nasty pads with a view to compromising performance over rotor wear.

We ran Bendix 4WD pads on the NM. The original rotors were still servicable at 170,000km.

Having said that - I used to chew through the DBA slotted rotors on an EL Falcon. ABout 40,000km and they would be stuffed. Hope the 4WD ones are made from better material. Good stopping performance though.
          16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
          10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Yo psproule,
            My requirements are based on my experience with motorcycle pads and rotors.
            I do not intend on buying a set of "cheap 'n' nasty" pads.
            Only a set that is soft enough to give good performance and not "eat" the slotted rotors.
            SBS pads for motorcycles are excellent pads, and are soft enough not to eat the rotors on 3 of my bikes that i have owned that had them fitted until i sold the first two of those bikes.
            Incidentally the cheapest brake pads i have seen so far are the S'Cheap Ferodo Zero pads. Only have fronts available. Next Cheapest are the Repco Ferodo Target pads. Then S'Cheap Ferodo 4x4 pads. Dearest thus far are the Bendix CTs at our local Repco.
            Thus far i have not got my wallet set on any of them.
            Cheers,
            grasshopper

Comment

Grasshopper,
              Give these guys a ring for a quote on pads.

Slacks Creek brake and clutch
              Cheers, John.
              LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
              Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Yo mrbitchi,
                As i am driving back to Logan City today, i will call 'em asap when i arrive.
                Cheers,
                grasshopper

Comment

Or give me a buzz at Repco Richmond and I'll do a good price on pads.

Just mention the forums

Keith
                  NL 3.5, 2.5" Ironman suspension, 33" BF Muddies,

Comment

Yo mrbitchi,
                    Huge thanks to you for the heads up on the brake pads contact.
                    I got a full set of Bendix 4x4 pads for over $40 less than the Browns Plains Repco store. And only a tad dearer than S'Cheap Ferodo 4x4 pads.

Many cheers to you,
                    grasshopper

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper View Post
                      Yo mrbitchi,
                      Huge thanks to you for the heads up on the brake pads contact.
                      I got a full set of Bendix 4x4 pads for over $40 less than the Browns Plains Repco store. And only a tad dearer than S'Cheap Ferodo 4x4 pads.

Many cheers to you,
                      Sweet. Have used them for years and can never beat their prices.
                      Cheers, John.
                      LC200 V8 goodness

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X