Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest tyre to suit std height NL

G'day.

Whats the largest diameter tyre that you'd reasonably get on an NL that has had no lifting whatsoever done and without rubbing guards etc ??

Tyres wear out so being on 15 rims and mismatched front/rear (HT and AT respectively), the previous sets up for grabs in the market place had got me wondering!
    Of course if it means a new set of rims later on then so be it- ill cross that bridge (or log..) in due time.

Cheers.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

33"
    1992 GLS Auto, 285/75R16 Yoko MT, ARB bull bar, custom rear bumper, Safari snorkel, AirLift1000, GAST compressor, ARB locker, etc
    2002 GL Auto, 285/75R16 TrXus MT for fun, 275/70R16 Scorpion ATR for life, towbar, Thomas Comrpessor

Comment

bugger... bigger than i thought.... problem with going largr is $$$

cheers for the input
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Comment

Following on- whats the widest the tyres can be (based on 31's) before they start rubbing when you have the steering at full lock?

Comment

You wont be able to fit 33's to a standard Paj. I have 33's on my NL & it still rubs even after a suspension lift & torsion bar crank.
          NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

265/75/R16 are a reasonable size that will fit.
            NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Thanks guys.

If im not mistaken Ranger, they work out to be 31's, what im looking at.

So, if 33's Rub on Allan's even with a lift, does anyone know for certain if will 31's be alright (ie: no rubbing when you are at full travel or full turn or any combination of those) without doing any suspension/body lifting??

Comment

Originally posted by Alex86 View Post
                Thanks guys.

If im not mistaken Ranger, they work out to be 31's, what im looking at.

So, if 33's Rub on Allan's even with a lift, does anyone know for certain if will 31's be alright (ie: no rubbing when you are at full travel or full turn or any combination of those) without doing any suspension/body lifting??
                I have 31's on my stock NJ and it has NEVER rubbed, further to that though, i think the standard size they come with from the factory is basically a 31 anyway...

Comment

Thanks 6G74, very helpful.

My standard tyres work out to be 27' on 15' rims- have not done anything to confirm this (ie grab a tape).

It appears the wheels and tyres are bigger on other models such as the GLS.

Comment

Hey,

The NL Escape's, came from factor with 235/73 R15, the rims are 15x6. The overal diameter works out to roughly 29 inchs.

I have an NL Escape also, and upgraded to the GLS rims, which are 16x7, so that i could fit 265/75/R16. These tires work out to about 32inchs. At the time, i had no suspention lift or anything, and there was no rubbing. They also looked much better than the previous tyres which looked way to small.

Cheers
                    Shane

Comment

Shane, thats what i want to hear! (Looks like i need to go brush up on my maths however!)

Thanks

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X