Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back in a mitsubishi

Hello all.

As of tuesday just gone im back in a tri diamond. Picked myself up a 2011 LS pb challenger. Has 260k on it and is pretty stock. Spotties, alloy bar, load assist airbags and trailer brakes. Have added some seat covers, floor mats and some roof bars for a rack/basket that ill modify to fit as its a full size basket which i feel is a little large. Great service history. Few kinks to iron out, think the scv needs replacing and the c/diff light just flashes. Appart from that its amazing. So i should be floating around lurking about the forums. Look forward to chatting with you lot, past experience would lead me to believe that you are all still wonderfully helpful and knowlegable.

Cheer laurence
    Attached Files
    2011 my12 PB Challenger. Alloy bar, 7” kings spotties, rear airbags. Love this car

HI Laurence,

Welcome back to the forum and great to see you are happy with the PB Challenger, a very much underrated medium duty 4wd wagon.
    Looks like at pretty straight clean and pre loved Challenger from the photos.

SCV, there are 2 different sizes so you need to ensure you get the correct part, alternatively it is possible to "refurbish" these by removing, disassembling and polishing the valve spool, this is reported to fix surging problems. Are you having problems? Are you sure they are SCV related and not fuel filter/MAF/EGR/VGT or inlet manifold related?

I note you have an auto with paddle shifters. The auto is a Jatco and these are sensitive to having the correct ATF and also clean ATF so keep an eye on the ATF colour and change it before it goes opaque and dark brown. If you want to improve the fuel economy around town then drive in sports mod and do not shift to 5th until you are over 85kph. If you are interested there is a piggy back AT ECU that overcomes most of the factory AT ECU shortcomings and improves drivability, engine braking, reduced ATF and engine operating temperatures.
    https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...-pc-challenger

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

OJ. have seen your name around here. seems to me like your the god father of challengers. ill post a video up of the surges. i will definately be looking at the auto chip as ive a kanga camper that weighs a little over 1.5t loaded. the mods list is quite long at this stage and im planning on chipping away at it slowly.
      2011 my12 PB Challenger. Alloy bar, 7” kings spotties, rear airbags. Love this car

Comment

https://youtube.com/shorts/LZXshQKomv8?feature=share

when im around the 80km mark you can hear a slight change in engine sound.

Comment

Hi Laurence,

Does the same thing happen if you use manual shift to 4th at 70kph and stay in 4th up to 100kph?

Does the same thing happen if you use manual shift to 5th at 70kph and stay in 5th to 100kph?

If it was a SCV problem I would have thought the same problem to happen at the same engine rpm conditions and not be speed related.

When was the auto trans last serviced?
          What colour is the ATF?
          Is the ATF the correct level when checked as per the specific instructions in the Owners Manual?

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

ill have a play tomorrow. at fluid is correct level and is red with a slight tinge of light brown. so it may be time to for a filter and some new fluid

Comment

made a phone call today to my mechanic. he is coming over on saturday, manifold clean, check glowplugs are working and if not replace them, make sure the egr is working and maybe install a catch can, check injectors are working and do a valve adjustment. on the previso that i throw some meat in the smoker and feed him. sounds like a sweet deal. if time permits install a uhf and do a tranny flush and filter kit. will let you know what we find.

Comment

Hi Laurence,

The injector lines need to be removed when physically checking and adjusting the valve clearances, so do you or your mechanic have all the single use seals and gaskets required for this process. Using new seals and gaskets, and using correct torques is critical when refitting the injector lines. Injector lines can only be removed and refitted 5 or 6 times before they need replacing, due to the high torque required to seal injector lines that operated with a fuel pressure of over 25,000psi on a CRD engine.
                Many have tried to take short cuts and have ended up with diesel diluting the engine oil and oil levels rising.

OJ.

Comment

he will sort it out. he has at least 5 tritons a week he has to service. so ive confidence in his abilities.

Comment

soooooo. mechanic got himself some covid and a week later we got stuck into it. intake clean went well. quite a lot of soot/gummy build up by my thoughts. he said it wasnt too bad. so it got a darn good clean. glow plugs are dead so im looking at ordering some (a link to some would be great). valve clearance was done. exhaust was spot on and inlet were all too close so thats now fixed. didnt get time to look at the flashing c/diff light. and he believes based on a few wizzard like tests and a drive that the surging is from the scv. revs bounce up and down around 2100 to 2300 rpm more
                    so when accelatering and before that rev range its fine and after its fine and if you give it a boot full its fine. so dealer is providing the part and he will install it. any info on relearn needed for the scv. while he was doing this i installed an uhf. went with an oricom uhf-390 and a 6db oricom antenna. so twas a busy saturday. sunday i took the family for a drive out to rushworth and we did some geocaching. had a look at a few mines and found some of the very limited places to get it into low range. chally seems to have a bit more go to it. ran lovely. cheers fellas

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X