Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Batteries

Hey All Challenger owners,

Who has done a dual battery system? I have tried to get a cradle, but have been told they wont do one due to the fact i have ABS (i though most did) and they cant access firewall on PS due to A/C underdash.

They are very reluctant to place on inner guard as both TJM (who i am speaking to) and Pirahna say that most there have cracked the inner guard due to extra weight?

What has everyone else done?

Thanks

Dave
    00 Challenger - M/T MTZ's, Bullbar, UHF, 2"+ lift (EFS & ironman), OnBoard Air (Boss 3/4hp + tank + air tools ).
    My Other Toys - 1970 Valiant Pacer Hardtop, 1973 Valiant Charger

Originally posted by Valpacer View Post

Who has done a dual battery system? I have tried to get a cradle, but have been told they wont do one due to the fact i have ABS (i though most did) and they cant access firewall on PS due to A/C underdash.

They are very reluctant to place on inner guard as both TJM (who i am speaking to) and Pirahna say that most there have cracked the inner guard due to extra weight?

Can't say I have heard of that one. I have the tray from Opposite Lock that I think is a Pirhana tray in mine for two years now with no probs. The car had done it's fair share of 4wding as well. Not only is it bolted to the guard it has two brackets bolted to the firewall as well. So it has a fair bit of support.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Tray

Thanks Dave,

I think TJM use pirahna as well, so muudy the waters become . Was just looking around net, and found your pics page, looks good! What battery are you running as the second? I havent even looked up behind airbag, is there plenty of room to get bolts in for tray?

Thanks

Dave
      00 Challenger - M/T MTZ's, Bullbar, UHF, 2"+ lift (EFS & ironman), OnBoard Air (Boss 3/4hp + tank + air tools ).

Comment

No need to do anything inside the cabin for the tray as it's all bolted in from under the bonnet. The tray sits on the lip on the firewall with two bolts and bolts underneath the tray to the guard. I have a Rotronics controller with a Champion Deep Cycle N50ex (550 cca 75ah)battery
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Dual Battery

I have a Nov 2003 Challenger and purchased the Pirahna kit purchased through TJM. I fitted it myself with good instructions (included). You have to move the cruise control and charcoal filter. I run the OEM battery in this tray and I removed the black plastic anti splash protector and installed a Lifeline 105amp AGM in the original position. I had a auto elec install a Rotronics 2 stage independent battery management system as well as a 50 amp anderson plug for my camper trailer (120 amp AGM). All up I have spent lots but have been very happy with the complete system.
          NX Pajero with a ARB Frontier LR tank and some semi-big ideas.

Comment

And sounds like a good setup as well!
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Bit of a late reply I know but might be use to someone in the future. I have 98 challenger, no abs, and I fitted an opposite lock tray for mk triton. I had to trim it slightly to fit properly in places but nothing too dramatic. Fit seems very solid. It's only a small tray, 230mm length from memory, but I have made the auxiliary tray the starting battery, just had to separate the cables and manipulate them around a bit. So I have the auxilary battery in the standard tray, I'm using a supercharge allrounder, 120ah, been going well so far for 12 months. I have a redarc isolator and have the override wired to a momentary on switch on the dash so I can link 2 batteries for starting if required. Seems to work well.
              2014 NW GLX
              ----------------------------------------------
              Previously: 98 Challenger, 2 inch lift, koni shocks, ARB bullbar, Lightforce 240 Blitz, redarc dual battery sys, UHF, bushman fridge, Wrangler ATR's

Comment

Hey guys,

got my dual batts set up fitted today with an emergency switch button to start from the auxiliary batt.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Challenger! Thats the same spot mine is in, i run the Redarc as well, it works very well.

Dave

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X