info for the challenger owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info for the challenger owners

Recently i posted a thread about my Challenger overheating?????

I have done some research and conversed with my spanner man who con firmed to me that is a common prob with the challengers/monteros to over heat under load due to the auto trans being cooled by the radiator. (This is done due to the cold climate of North America and Europe to keep the engine temps up) (Not good for our climate).

Any way a new tranny cooler has been ordered it comes from Repco (cant remember the brand at this stage) and has 8mm hoses where the Challenger has 10mm hoses Repco are sending 10mm hoses at no charge as well as the 8mm the size I am fitting is about 165mm x 280mm and this will be fitted to the front of the radiator. cost for the unit is around $300-$350 good I think as i gives me peace of mind

In affect my Vehicle will now have two tranny coolers as the oil will pass though the new one then to the old one. Therefore cooling the oil before it hits the radiator bingo no more overheating probs

I will post the brand when I getit fitted next week just for those who might be interested.
    Cheers Brad (trouble)
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2lt Diesel, Snorkel, 265/75/16 Cooper ST's, ARB Canopy, Elec rust protection, 40lt Engal fridge, batery pack, Outback drawer system

Complete Campsite camp trailer

I think they are PWR coolers. I was having a look at one while I was in Repco a few days ago.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Dave that sound familar
      Brad
      Mitsubishi Triton 3.2lt Diesel, Snorkel, 265/75/16 Cooper ST's, ARB Canopy, Elec rust protection, 40lt Engal fridge, batery pack, Outback drawer system

Comment

Hi everyone I recently had the tranny cooler fitted to my Challenger the first thing I noticed is the temp gage was already down while driving around town so the new system works!!! .
        The whole thing set me back $400 fitting and new oil and 1 hours labour and new piping, my spanner man fitted it to the front of the radiator and actually bypasted the old dodgy system and sprayed the whole thing black (looks like it was ment to be there).

I will see if the new cooler actually works when I take it to Stockton Beach sand dunes near Newcastle in the coming weeks however at the moment pretty happy with the new system.

Cheers Brad

Comment

no more trouble

Sounds like everything will be ok for you, good stuff.
          NX Pajero with a ARB Frontier LR tank and some semi-big ideas.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X