Tires for Challenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires for Challenger

Have any of you fellow challenger drivers fitted 245/75R16 tires? If so how far out is your speedo? and are you happy with them. I am trying to decide between the Yokohama Geolander A/T-S (255/75R16) or Wrangler Silent Armor 245/75R16. The former will keep everything standard and the latter gives me a LT construction as I tow my camper trailer. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    NX Pajero with a ARB Frontier LR tank and some semi-big ideas.

Based purely on the figures, your speedo would be affected by 3.3% in the worst case with the sizes you quoted. I wouldn't think you would notice the difference too much as your speedo might be out by more than that since he came out of the factory.
    If you can fit them I'd personnally go for the bigger size just to give you more clearance. But then it really depends on what you're using the car for. If it's mainly for towing and dirt tracks then bigger tyres won't help to the contrary.

Comment

265/75 on mine. But speedo error is corrected if I sit 60MPH instead of 100KPH
      [IMG][/IMG]
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Tires

Ok, I have booked in to get the Silent armor 245/75R16's. Looking forward to driving on them after all the worry/research. Will give a report once I drive on them.
        NX Pajero with a ARB Frontier LR tank and some semi-big ideas.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X