Throttle body & exhaust improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle body & exhaust improvements

My 6g72 3.0L seems pretty tired these days so I'm thinking of getting it reconditioned and perhaps doing extractors /exhaust / enlarged throttle body and reflash the ECU. Just wondering if anyone has gone down this route already and how were the results ?

I'm in Sydney and considering KVK engine reconditioners ( http://www.kvkengine.com.au/index.html ) to do the reconditioning work, if anyone has experience with them or anyone else in Sydney I'd be interested to hear your opinion of their work.
    98 PA Challenger 3.0 LSD, Aux trans cooler, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Maxxis A/T 700s, Tough Dog foam cell dampers & Leaf Springs.

Hey there Oz, Welcome aboard

There is heaps of info on the 4wd action website regarding challengers (and everything else 4wd wise) - can be a bit of a temperamental website at times thought....

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/vi...?f=98&t=138613

Id have to say that im not sure I would throw money at a simple rebuild of a challenger 6g72 with any hopes of any dramatic changes in its power characteristics, but there are guys out there that have done engine conversions to the 3.5L engines and I think the 3.8L also and rave about them.

Id be guessing your mechanically minded, I saw your vehicle jack and also the yellow banger in your other photo in your driveway....perhaps if your challenger isn't so much of a daily driver this is something to think about?

I know on the 4wd action forum 'Ron' has looked at improvements out of the stock engine via ecu work and exhaust I think. 'Timmo' has done a throttle body upgrade and extractors/exhaust ?

Comment

Originally posted by FIS9076 View Post
      Hey there Oz, Welcome aboard

There is heaps of info on the 4wd action website regarding challengers (and everything else 4wd wise) - can be a bit of a temperamental website at times thought....

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/vi...?f=98&t=138613

Id have to say that im not sure I would throw money at a simple rebuild of a challenger 6g72 with any hopes of any dramatic changes in its power characteristics, but there are guys out there that have done engine conversions to the 3.5L engines and I think the 3.8L also and rave about them.

Id be guessing your mechanically minded, I saw your vehicle jack and also the yellow banger in your other photo in your driveway....perhaps if your challenger isn't so much of a daily driver this is something to think about?

I know on the 4wd action forum 'Ron' has looked at improvements out of the stock engine via ecu work and exhaust I think. 'Timmo' has done a throttle body upgrade and extractors/exhaust ?
      Thanks Fis,

I'm not sure where I will go with it yet. I have looked into the engine swap options but I'm more inclined to supercharge it in the future hence the engine refresh & bigger throttle body/exhaust questions as preliminary steps.

I am reasonably familiar with forced induction and I like the output flexibility that comes with boost. I'll check out those other links, thanks for sharing them.
      98 PA Challenger 3.0 LSD, Aux trans cooler, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Maxxis A/T 700s, Tough Dog foam cell dampers & Leaf Springs.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X