Snorkel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkel

I remember on old forum it's been mentioned Triton Snork would fit Challenger/Pajero/Montero Sport. Can anyone confirm this?
    1992 GLS Auto, 285/75R16 Yoko MT, ARB bull bar, custom rear bumper, Safari snorkel, AirLift1000, GAST compressor, ARB locker, etc
    2002 GL Auto, 285/75R16 TrXus MT for fun, 275/70R16 Scorpion ATR for life, towbar, Thomas Comrpessor

well nobody?!
    anyway it has been confirmed
    1992 GLS Auto, 285/75R16 Yoko MT, ARB bull bar, custom rear bumper, Safari snorkel, AirLift1000, GAST compressor, ARB locker, etc
    2002 GL Auto, 285/75R16 TrXus MT for fun, 275/70R16 Scorpion ATR for life, towbar, Thomas Comrpessor

Comment

I actually chased it up with Safari when I was looking for a snorkel for mine. They would not confirm to me that it would fit even offered my car to be a guinea pig to see if it would fit......they didn't want to know. Got a cheaper version that I am reasonably happy with.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Snorkel

I spoke to my local TJM shop Alderley Qld, and they said that they have fitted the Airtek for Triton to Challengers. To do this they had to modify the back of the light fitting. They do this for double the fitting charge. They told me that it was a good fit and that only they and the Brendale shop were doing this. I have not yet done it as it was pretty close to a grand.
        NX Pajero with a ARB Frontier LR tank and some semi-big ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Monterorider View Post
          well nobody?!
          anyway it has been confirmed
          Do you know which one of the Triton snorkel from safari they fitted on that Challenger. I am myself looking into getting a snorkel and apart from Airflow no one does one for the Challenger. Have been hearing a lot about Triton ones from Safari being fitted to Challengers but can't find which one exactly as they do about 4 or 5 different models to suit different Triton versions. If you have the part number from Safari that would be great.
          Cheers,
          SLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballfyboy View Post
            I spoke to my local TJM shop Alderley Qld, and they said that they have fitted the Airtek for Triton to Challengers. To do this they had to modify the back of the light fitting. They do this for double the fitting charge. They told me that it was a good fit and that only they and the Brendale shop were doing this. I have not yet done it as it was pretty close to a grand.
            Sorry, should have done a multi quote I guess, but same question as my reply above: could you please let me know which part number from Airtec they were fitting and sort of mods are required to the back of the lights I would be interested. COuld get some local 4wd shop for me to fit if instructions are clear enough.
            Cheers,
            SLY.

Comment

The Triton MK 2.8 turbo is the one from Safari that should fit. Basically it is longer along the guard and eliminates the rubber hose in the inner guard. The only other thing is the snorkel is moulded to the Triton guard shape. I had a bit of a sniff around Daves Triton when we were on this trip http://140.99.20.180/forum/showthread.php?t=1568 . Have a look at the last photo with the two 4bys at the pub.
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by challenger View Post
                Sorry, should have done a multi quote I guess, but same question as my reply above: could you please let me know which part number from Airtec they were fitting and sort of mods are required to the back of the lights I would be interested. COuld get some local 4wd shop for me to fit if instructions are clear enough.
                Cheers,
                SLY.
                Sly,
                I have not had the snorkel fitted and did not get any part numbers. They seemed pretty helpful when I spoke to them so may be you could give them a call and they might be able to help you out??

Comment

Sly,
                  I have not had the snorkel fitted and did not get any part numbers. They seemed pretty helpful when I spoke to them so may be you could give them a call and they might be able to help you out??
                  Thanks, I was gonna give them a call to find out in fact.

Comment

Well here is the proof. Triton 2.8 SS650HF Safari Snorkel on the Challenger.

http://www.safarisnorkel.com/snorkel...hf/ss650hf.htm
                    Dave
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                      Well here is the proof. Triton 2.8 SS650HF Safari Snorkel on the Challenger.

http://www.safarisnorkel.com/snorkel...hf/ss650hf.htm
                      Dave
                      Mine is booked to get that snorkel fitted tomorrow.
                      Cheers,
                      SLY.

Comment

snorkel

Sly,
                        Any chance of a few photo's of the inside where the snorkel meets the existing filter? Also who did you go through, costs and things?
                        Good stuff I bet you are excited!

Comment

Sly,
                          Any chance of a few photo's of the inside where the snorkel meets the existing filter? Also who did you go through, costs and things?
                          Good stuff I bet you are excited!
                          Very happy with the result. It fits the side of the Challenger perfectly.
                          I went through Coastal 4x4 in Jandakot (Perth) and the price was very good. Those guys know what they're doing and they do a great job at a very competitive price.
                          Some pictures:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well done Sly...looks good!
                            Dave
                            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

This looks like the same snorkel, works well. (Sorry I cant embed.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp4ze...ayer_embedded#
                              2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X