Parasitic drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parasitic drain

I recently had to replace the main battery as it had dropped a cell after 13 months. It had been OK up until that point. Now I have installed a larger capacity battery but it won't start after sitting overnight. I did all the usual and disconnected all the add on's and even the alternator supply to the fuse block and that's not it. Still wouldn't start this morning. I metered the current at 60mA sitting which isn't much. I'm wondering have I copped another dud battery? It was on 12.4V sitting but drops to 8V cranking. As soon as I introduce the auxiliary battery it fires first pop. This is a right royal pain in the bum as it's the daily and the boss is getting pee'd off having to hit the jump button all the time...
    Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Dud
    Battery should be 12.6V or higher when sitting.
    length of warranty usually determines the quality of battery and 12 months is poor.
    02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels with Black Bear A/T tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

I load tested the new battery this morning... FAIL! Got another new one. Not having a very good run with batteries.
      Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X