Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do to your Challenger today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kings springs & Formula shocks lift kit and now sitting about 35cm above factory all round. Set of Kings "Leech" wheels in gunmetal/black with 265/60/R18 Bridgestone AT 697's.

Comment

• Originally posted by colmat View Post
      New Kings springs & Formula shocks lift kit and now sitting about 35cm above factory all round. Set of Kings "Leech" wheels in gunmetal/black with 265/60/R18 Bridgestone AT 697's.
      Nice.

35cm above factory is one hell of a lift. But we know what you mean🤔
      2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post

Nice.

Ooops!! Yeah 35mm is probably more believable

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
          Just like all those asking for a 2' lift so they can run 33' tyres. We know what they mean.

NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• The Chal has had a bit of a birthday this last week or so in prep for a vic high country trip over X-mas...
            180km service
            New Kumho MT51's
            Ultragauge MX 1.4
            New Bilstein shocks and king springs lift (went a 100-300kg Pajero rear raised coils and some 80 series aftermarket bump stops.)

Go see Sarg at Fulcrum Capalaba for anyone in Southeast QLD, those guys are legends.
            2011 PB Challenger XLS Auto: 2" Lift, ECB Bullbar, Sliders, bushskinz, EGR Mod, Kumho MT51's 265/70/R17, Dual Batteries, AirTec Snorkel, Diff Breathers, Black Widow Drawers, 40lt Engel, Boab 40lt Water Tank & Pump, HID Spotties, UHF etc.

Comment

• Fitted a Redard EGT/Boost gauge.
              PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Getting ready for a long towing trip - about a year or thereabouts. Leaving in a couple of months - Qld to NT, on to WA, then SA, Vic, NSW and back to Qld.
                Servicing so far, the 180,000K service last year (full timing belt and tensioners kit, balancer belt, water pump and all synthetic fluids, full disc brake kit and pads). The last couple of weeks it's been on to maintenance stuff - replaced the radiator, fan thermo clutch, fan belt, air con belt, plus the tensioner pullies, thermostat, top and bottom radiator hoses, long-life 50% coolant, intercooler and hoses.
                Few more things on the list yet, 5 new AT tyres just before I head off, repaint the bull bar and top basket, remove the back seats (to save weight and make some room), 2 x 20L jerry cans and mounts in the rooftop basket.

While I've been plugging away at the Challenger list, I've also been upgrading the caravan for off-grid camping.
                Fitted 3 lithium batteries, replaced 2 x crappy 200W ebay solar panels with 4 x 245W house solar panels and 2 x 40A MPPT regulators, 12-volt sockets on the outside, 1500/3000W pure sinewave inverter (the electrical system can run the microwave or even the air conditioner for 3 to 4 hours), 2 x Sirocco fans, changed the RCD for an RVD so the safety switch works with the inverter, and fitted a Hayes Swaymaster ESC.
                Mechanically, fitted an 80L grey water tank, extended HD rear spring shackles by 30mm, fitted a pair of shocks and full size dual ceramic water filters. I had already put a 3T axle, new springs and 12 inch brakes under it when I rebuilt the van.

I'm under the van's ATM and GTM, and the Challenger's GVM and GCM, but I'll be heading down to Brisbane for a full weight assessment and certificate before I go. The Challenger front axle is just over the limit without the van on, but all good with the van on. Rear-axle is well under the limit and I use 4H for that extra bit of stability.

Anyway - countdown timer is running.

Taken while ago, but that's the outfit ready to roll.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20180802_152238.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	1074824
                Attached Files
                White PC, MY13 LS Auto. Diesel Smart Engine Chip, Windbooster Throttle Controller, M&M Auto-Mate, Full-width Intercooler, 3 Inch Stainless Exhaust, Safari Snorkel, Tough Dog Adjustable Suspension, Rear Air Bags, Diff breathers, Heavy Duty Tow Bar, X Cross Sports Front Bar, LED Bar Light, Toyo Open Country 275/65/17 Tyres, UHF CB, GSL Trailer Brake Controller, Pro 200 catch can, EGR mod.

Comment

• Replaced front and rear pads last weekend. Got nearly 50K out of Bendix 4WD pads. Rears were non existent and fronts just at the scratch plates. A few of them were worn unevenly. I checked the caliper slides and they were all nice and free so don't know what was going on there. Fitted Bendix Ultimate's so we'll see how they go.
                  Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
                    Replaced front and rear pads last weekend. Got nearly 50K out of Bendix 4WD pads. Rears were non existent and fronts just at the scratch plates. A few of them were worn unevenly. I checked the caliper slides and they were all nice and free so don't know what was going on there. Fitted Bendix Ultimate's so we'll see how they go.
                    I got just over 80,000kms from the OME pads and then fitted Bendix 4wd, much better braking feel but I only got 40,000kms out of them and it was the rear left outer that was down to metal, and it is only the inner pads that have the wear indicator rub strip, go figure. I complained to Bendix as they advertise longer life than OME so I got another set for free (parts only). These have been fitted for 53,000kms, they looked ok at the last wheel rotation but your post has reminded me to have a more detailed look at the next rotation.

OJ.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Originally posted by old Jack View Post

I got just over 80,000kms from the OME pads and then fitted Bendix 4wd, much better braking feel but I only got 40,000kms out of them and it was the rear left outer that was down to metal, and it is only the inner pads that have the wear indicator rub strip, go figure. I complained to Bendix as they advertise longer life than OME so I got another set for free (parts only). These have been fitted for 53,000kms, they looked ok at the last wheel rotation but your post has reminded me to have a more detailed look at the next rotation.

OJ.
                      I got 92K out of my OEM pads but probably would have gone another 10K at least. It was I wanted to replace my front cracked rotors so did pads at the same time. RHR outer was 0% remaining but the inner had several mm left on it. LHR had about 4mm left on both but worn unevenly. Fronts were at the scratch plates both sides but LHF was worn slightly unevenly.
                      Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post

I got 92K out of my OEM pads but probably would have gone another 10K at least. It was I wanted to replace my front cracked rotors so did pads at the same time. RHR outer was 0% remaining but the inner had several mm left on it. LHR had about 4mm left on both but worn unevenly. Fronts were at the scratch plates both sides but LHF was worn slightly unevenly.
                        I think the reason why my rear brakes wear quicker is that even when I am "empty" my Challenger weighs 2400kg, as I have about a 180kg constant rear cargo load.

OJ.
                        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Hi,
                          Here is something I feel I should share with you all. Last Sunday 6/6/2021 the battery in my PB died so I went online to check out prices for a replacement. Repco $289 Autobarn $219 on special usually $249 and Supercheap $199.99 for their own SCA brand with 12 months warranty and the others both had a 30 month warranty. I then remembered seeing batteries at Bunnings so checked it out and found they had N70ZZLMF Exide Endurance with a 30 month warranty for $180 so bought one. I would also like to take this opportunity to let you all know my Challenger will soon be on the market and that it's immaculate with only 87,000 kilometres on it.
                          2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• Wish i'd known about this 4-5 weeks ago! good by $289, Oh well when you need it you need it!

Comment

• Unfortunately, the Murray was far more than 25kms away from me on Queens Birthday so decided to get some jobs out of the way.

Side bonnet decals on (not sure yet whether to go a centre piece) and winch installed.

Also, LM8 S/N 7 has finally found a home after a number of lonely years in the garage.

Name:	Bonnet.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1084280

Name:	Winch 1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1084281

Name:	Winch 2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1084282

Cheers
                              Wes
                              2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar, LED Light Bars, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with Kings Awning & LED, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 Copper ST Maxxs/BFG KM2s all on OEM rims, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Ultimate Suspension, Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, SPV EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8, 12,000lb Winch.

Next mods - Roof rack light bar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X