Chip and Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip and Exhaust

I am looking at getting an exhaust fitted, either the Scotts Rod or Redback and possibly a chip and it appears that the Chipit seems popular with the Challenger. Would the exhaust alone make some difference to power delivery or are the two together a better fit?

Also should you have some kays up before doing this stuff or does it make no difference. I have only done 1500klms so far.
    Cheers
    2013 PC Auto Challenger, OME suspension, ARB bar, Smittybilt winch, Airtec snorkel, Dual batteries, Redback 2.5'' exhaust,Bushskinz bash plates,SCFab works sliders, MM4X4 Lockup-mate, Speedy wheels and LT 265/75/16 tyres and Brown Davis long range tank.

Hi mate just my oplon you still breaking her in regards john

Comment

I was also under the impression to take it easy for the first 1000km but still load it up now and again.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...56146854,d.aGc
      Last edited by littleriver; 10-11-13, 10:18 AM.
      2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

It's not the chip that determines how your engine settles in from new but still rather how YOU use it. If you want it now then get it now. Cars don't tend to have big run in periods these days anyway, just drive it with respect.

Comment

Originally posted by fester View Post
          It's not the chip that determines how your engine settles in from new but still rather how YOU use it. If you want it now then get it now. Cars don't tend to have big run in periods these days anyway, just drive it with respect.
          Well it has been run in now doing all the right things but will get the exhaust first and see how it goes and can always get the chip later.
          2013 PC Auto Challenger, OME suspension, ARB bar, Smittybilt winch, Airtec snorkel, Dual batteries, Redback 2.5'' exhaust,Bushskinz bash plates,SCFab works sliders, MM4X4 Lockup-mate, Speedy wheels and LT 265/75/16 tyres and Brown Davis long range tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackman View Post
            Well it has been run in now doing all the right things but will get the exhaust first and see how it goes and can always get the chip later.
            Would be interested to know what you think after the exhaust......??

I have a chip ( chip it ), and would like to know how much difference the exhaust would make...??

Comment

Originally posted by greig View Post
              Would be interested to know what you think after the exhaust......??

I have a chip ( chip it ), and would like to know how much difference the exhaust would make...??
              I sent an email off to Scotts Rods with some questions but haven't heard back yet. Wondering how much drone might be with the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackman View Post
                I am looking at getting an exhaust fitted, either the Scotts Rod or Redback and possibly a chip and it appears that the Chipit seems popular with the Challenger. Would the exhaust alone make some difference to power delivery or are the two together a better fit?

Also should you have some kays up before doing this stuff or does it make no difference. I have only done 1500klms so far.
                Cheers
                I put a chip it in mine and am quite happy with its performance. Looked at a pipe, but really couldn't justify the cost. If you flog the guts out of it a bit there may be some benefit, but for normal usage, there won't be a lot. Then you'll get the arguments over what diameter is best and so on. I drive very lightly and usually pick up between one and two L/100K better in diesel use. I've been as low as 6.9L/100 in an auto on highway use, but will usually average between 7 and 8 on a trip. Towing a two tonne plus full height van I get around 16L to 18 L/100 depending on headwinds , hills etc.
                2012 auto, Chip-It, Firestone air bags, Double tranny coolers.

Comment

I've got a Chip It and Scott's Rods 3 inch on the Triton. Had the chip in first so can't really comment but have heard that the exhaust alone won't make much difference and there have been reports of some Tritons throwing codes with just a 3inch exhaust, not sure of the ins and outs but plenty of info on www.newtriton.net.
                  MN GL-R, ARB Front and Rear Bars, Rocksliders, Canopy, uniden uhf, Kumho KL71s, Rear Locker, tigerz11 winch, dual batts.

North Brisbane

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Comment

Originally posted by Bennys View Post
                    I've got a Chip It and Scott's Rods 3 inch on the Triton. Had the chip in first so can't really comment but have heard that the exhaust alone won't make much difference and there have been reports of some Tritons throwing codes with just a 3inch exhaust, not sure of the ins and outs but plenty of info on www.newtriton.net.
                    Maybe more research required, been reading up on the Triton site and maybe 3'' is too big and really need to do the chip and exhaust together.

So much info here to go through.

Comment

Might be worthwhile taking your car into Mitsubishi and see if there is any ECU updates for your vehicles. I know there is an update for the 2.5L Triton.

My friend is a Foreman for a Mitsubishi Dealer in Brisbane, and he advised me not to fit a 3" on my NT Pajero. Changes my plans, given I work for a company which supplies exhaust systems and diesel chips... :S

I am getting a ECU remap done by Tunit tomorrow, and they said with the remap I could fit a 3" with no problems, but a 2.5" will be sufficient.
                      2009 NT VRX 3.2L... 3" Exhaust with Remapped ECU...

Comment

Originally posted by OED666 View Post
                        Might be worthwhile taking your car into Mitsubishi and see if there is any ECU updates for your vehicles. I know there is an update for the 2.5L Triton.

My friend is a Foreman for a Mitsubishi Dealer in Brisbane, and he advised me not to fit a 3" on my NT Pajero. Changes my plans, given I work for a company which supplies exhaust systems and diesel chips... :S

I am getting a ECU remap done by Tunit tomorrow, and they said with the remap I could fit a 3" with no problems, but a 2.5" will be sufficient.
                        How did your remap go? I think I will be checking for any ecu updates then chip it as I have been up at the Sunshine Coast for my first trip away and power wise it is lacking but it certainly goes anywhere you point it traction wise.

Comment

Has anyone gone to the trouble of dyno testing their car pre & post chip & exhaust ?
                          98 PA Challenger 3.0 LSD, Aux trans cooler, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Maxxis A/T 700s, Tough Dog foam cell dampers & Leaf Springs.

Comment

Any decent reputable place should provide you with a pre and after dyno report.

I would be very hesitate of any chip and exhaust tune place that doesn't provide this.
                            MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
                              Any decent reputable place should provide you with a pre and after dyno report.

I would be very hesitate of any chip and exhaust tune place that doesn't provide this.

I wish it were that way and would be very pleased if that is the way it is here in Oz but in my experience, the outfits I have dealt with in the past just want to sell exhausts and pre mapped chips and have no interest in proving the gains with dyno testing.
                              98 PA Challenger 3.0 LSD, Aux trans cooler, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Maxxis A/T 700s, Tough Dog foam cell dampers & Leaf Springs.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X