Arkpak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkpak

Ive been wanting a dual battery system for a while. Ive recently came across this fella at a very good price.
    From my estimate I can get a more versatile system at a lesser cost of a hard fixed battery. Does anyone have any experience with an arkpak. I like the thought of an all in one package and not having carry around separate charging and inverter components.

http://images.lasoomedia1.com.au/ima...7727dc_org.jpg
    2011 Challenger LS, ARB Deluxe Bar, Bridgestone AT, Light Force Spotties, Bush Skinz Plates, 2" Ultimate Suspension

they look like a good idea, just remember you need to add the battery as well, that price is only for the box.
    Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
    Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

If I have read the manufacturers info correctly, they only have the ability to recharge at 6 amps per hour with no load so if you are recharging the battery in the Arkpak at the same time you are running a fridge drawing 1.5 amps you are only getting 4.5 amps pr hour of recharge. 7 hours driving time will give you 31.5 amp hours of recharge so it could take several days to full recharge a deeply discharged battery. Ok if you are on the more every day and only run a fridge and camp light overnight but if you are stationary for a few days or more you may be disappointed with the recharge time.

cheers, old Jack.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

OJ. Ive also noted the poor charging rate. However, the style of camping I do, I would normally connect to a solar panel next to the camper and let it charge. As a result the charging rate/time isnt som much of an issue.
        The ability to use it in a number of ways/settings is what attracts me to the system.
        2011 Challenger LS, ARB Deluxe Bar, Bridgestone AT, Light Force Spotties, Bush Skinz Plates, 2" Ultimate Suspension

Comment

You could always install a conventional battery isolator charging system with the arkpak. Its just a matter of how much you want to spend on a battery box. They are pretty impressive
          Deceased: 2002 3.5 GLS auto, ECB alloy bullbar, ECB alloy tubular sidesteps, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 ribs 265/75/16, Reverse camera, Alpine stereo, 2 inch sd lovells springs + lovells shocks, custom 3mm steel sump guard, freebie 220mm spotlights, rola roof racks, oricom uhf. Claimed by a dodgy Kangaroo Island road and an inexperienced and remorseful girlfriend.

Now driving a prado 120 gxl and secretly missing the paj!

Comment

The way Battery World described the Arkpak was over marketed and less then what it seemed it actual capability.
            They were willing to put together a 'higher' shelf equivalent with better quality components for the same price

I went permanent instead as it all worked out about the same when you compared box/battery (and how to charge it without 240v or solar) versus tray/isolator/battery and extra wiringand plugs
            NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
            Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

A mate of mine has the Arkpack. He uses it for camping over weekends and is happy with it.

I use Thumper battery packs, they are charged of a Redarc unit. I have jumper leads that attach and have started a V8 Cruiser diesel without issue. The best part is I can use them in different cars or leave them at the camp with the second fridge. And you are not carrying the extra weight all the time.
              SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

I have one of the original Arkpak ($130), only 1.5 amp charger so only good for maintainence. Good thing is it will fit a 130a/h AGM battery ($300). I have added extra Anderson & accessory plugs , strapped on a $100 Ebay PSW 600watt inverter & run h/d cable to a 12v/12v ($200) Ctek charger. 100W Solar panels ($300)on roof rack feed into the Ctek so when parked at the shops or campground, or on the move the battery is always getting some charge. Beauty of it is it is removable in minutes so I do not carry the weight when not out camping & can take it out to leave with camper trailer if required. Stays in the shed on maint. charge between trips.
                MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
                Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
                http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

I picked one up from Bunnings (Rocklea (Brisbane)) this week for $348; they had only 2 and they were probably discounting them because it's a most unlikely place one would look to buy something like that.

With a new battery fitted yesterday all I need to do now is run some tests to see how long my fridge will last with 105 A/hr capacity.

Comment

I have used the ark pak with 100 amp hour battery over the past year with good results when used with 220 watt solar panel.
                    However the batter charging system it comes with is really designed to be left on all the time when not in use (240v).
                    However if you discharge the below 50% which dosnt do the battery any favors, you need i good charger to kick into life.
                    I mainly use the ark pak to charge I pads and phones almost continuously, so not a lot of load on the system, but its great for what we use it for.
                    mods, bridgestone 694 LT 265/65, ulitmate suspension 2 in with poly airbags, side awning

Comment

We have an Arkpak which we added a 60amp AGM battery to. We chose the 60amp to keep the weight down to make it sort of portable.

We used it to charger a laptop, phones, tablet and 2 lights at night. This does us fine and uses about 10% of the charge for a nights use.

I think they are great and would recommoned one although a solar charger would be required for heavy usage.
                      MY14 GLX-R Pajero, Modified Brown Davis Intercoola & Sump Plates, Bushskinz Rear Bumper Protector, Bushskinz Transmission & Transfer Plates, ARB Bullbar, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Cheap HID Spotties, Koni shocks with 40mm Lift, Cooper AT3, Ultra Guage,Stedi ST4000 Light Bar, HPD Catch Can, Dash Cam

To go where very few have gone before

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Comment

Following my first post on the subject I have since purchased an arkpak and have now had it for around 6 months. So far its been a great purchase. I installed a 120AH battery and use it on camping trips which vary from tents and caravans from 2 to 8 days in length. I connect led light bars around the tent, use it to charge phones and run laptops - all at once. The arkpak comes into its own with the camping I do as it is very adaptable. I can have it the car or leave it at base camp and Im not restricted like a hard wired battery in a car. I find it very handy having everything I need in one package. I agree that I could possibly piece together a unit that has better components but Im not interested in a product that has to be plugged together every time I want to use it. So far so good. I highly recommend especially at the recent sale prices offering it for around $350.

Comment

How are the Arkpak's when not in use. I mainly want a second battery, whether it be a second/dual battery setup or an Arkpak as a portable option to mainly run a fridge and blow up a mattress. When they aren't being used is it a matter of keeping them plugged into home power or whats best storage practice for them?

Comment

I dont keep mine plugged in. Apparently the smart charger is designed to be kept plugged in and keeps the battery at a constant voltage. Instead I plug it in every month for a week. In my thinking this is almost as good. In regards to portability, the arkpak is great. As per my previous post Ive used it in a variety of ways and can easily haul it around from car to tent to camper trailer etc.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X