Diesel Fuel Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Fuel Conditioner

Has anyone any experience in using Envirotex Diesel Fuel Conditioner in their Challengers ?
    Thanks

I use the Chemtek Diesel Fuel Additive and have to say it does everything it claims...or at least has tricked me in to thinking it does..

Comment

Please forgive my ignorance (never had a diesel before)But what does it do?
      2013 my14 challenger. Titanium 5speed manual. Cooper AT3's. mitsi nudge bar, lightforce blitz spotlights,TJM snorkel,awning. Roof bars

Comment

Originally posted by garycromp View Post

Not sure really.......but after having a Terracan which I was advised to NOT use an additive, I don't add anything to the fuel on any of my cars....

If it did any good, I'm sure the manufacturers would include it in the service intervals !!

Comment

Originally posted by garycromp View Post

It drains you pocket faster than the $1.70 a liter I payed today

Comment

Originally posted by greig View Post
            Not sure really.......but after having a Terracan which I was advised to NOT use an additive, I don't add anything to the fuel on any of my cars....

If it did any good, I'm sure the manufacturers would include it in the service intervals !!

MM have their own brand.

Comment

All jokes aside, it's Actually cheaper to add 1litre of unleaded in a full tank of diesel, than to use additive, my mechanic tells me it has similar qualities

Gives most service station operators something to think about !!!!!

I Have been doing this in all my previous diesel utes for nearly 20 years especially on a long drive and I believe it helps them run cleaner
              Last edited by ShortandFat; 08-12-13, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greig View Post

If you have dealer service then the MM Fuel Conditioner is shown as "Additive MZ100722EX" on your invoice, the bottle actually says "Diesel Fuel System Cleaner". Depending on your Dealer some use it every 15,000km others every 30,000km, it is not listed in the Service Owners Record book.

cheers, old Jack.
                2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

call me a cynic but the only reason dealers put in the additives is it allows them to take more of your money, they pay 5 or 6 dollars a bottle for the conditioner and charge $15 to $20 for something that is not a requirement and very few people ever complain about it. It is a bit like that workshop consumables charge that keeps going up that they cant explain what it is for

I've even had a dealer charge me for it when it was impossible to put in to the car ( charged for injector cleaner in an E Gas falcon) . when queried first response was we put it in all the cars we service as a matter of course, when asked was it part of the manufacturers service requirement , they said no it is just something we do, when asked why, I don't know was the answer ( from the chief service adviser) anyway when i asked him to show me how to put it in my the car he called the mechanic before the penny dropped that i was pulling his chain. ( they did refund me for the cleaner and discounted the next service to apologize, so was not all bad, in fact that dealer principal is still a customer of mine in my current shop, he doesn't own the dealership anymore.
                  Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
                  Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Originally posted by ShortandFat View Post
                    All jokes aside, it's Actually cheaper to add 1litre of unleaded in a full tank of diesel, than to use additive, my mechanic tells me it has similar qualities

Gives most service station operators something to think about !!!!!

I Have been doing this in all my previous diesel utes for nearly 20 years especially on a long drive and I believe it helps them run cleaner
                    Want to be careful doing that with a PB under warranty. Don't know about MMA but VW for one test the fuel of any diesel with a fuel system problem. If the fuel is not pure no warranty.

Do you feel any difference doing that? Wonder how a bit of two stroke oil would go to make up for the petrol's lack of lube?
                    Richard.......MY12 silver base model auto rear driver tow truck and shopping trolley. Bilsteins, Firestone rear air bags, HR towbar, Scangauge II and aftermarket reverse camera/GPS navigation unit. SOLD

Comment

Bit of trivia my son put a fuel additive into his VW Golf GT (petrol) and it activated an error code "contaminated fuel" which had to be reset by the dealer on the next tank of fuel, don't think its a problem for diesel engines?
                      PB MY10, auto, terra rosa, alloy nudge bar, tow pack, CB GME TX3440, aerial AE4705

Comment

Adding petrol has never been a problem in diesel as long as it's no more than a litre per tank

But has similar injector cleaning qualities to some of the conditioners and far less money

The best additive was the old leaded petrol, my old diesels loved it

Yes I've heard 2stroke works well

Comment

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                          If you have dealer service then the MM Fuel Conditioner is shown as "Additive MZ100722EX" on your invoice, the bottle actually says "Diesel Fuel System Cleaner". Depending on your Dealer some use it every 15,000km others every 30,000km, it is not listed in the Service Owners Record book.

cheers, old Jack.

Mines done 60,000 and to date there isn't any mention of an additive on any of the invoices..

Comment

you do need to be a bit careful with the newer model CRD's, i know a few years ago when i was delivering fuel we were allowed up to 0.5 percent unleaded in diesel before it was a problem, but this has been revised down to 0.1 percent as the newer diesels have issues with too high a concentration. VW and Mercedes being the main problems, so 1 litre in 100 litres may cause problems as that is 1 % and 10 times the allowed limits.
                            Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
                            Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

some facts

diesel fuel conditioner was used firstly because Australia's diesel was of poor quality so bad that kero was just as good as an alternative.
                              now its a improved blend but still not European standard.
                              2. fuel conditioner was added to vehicles which only used small amounts of diesel as their tanks fuel condition would deteriorate in the tank. .
                              3 it also eliminated a fungal growth in the tanks due to condensation build up.
                              4. it has a very small ability to clean injectors.
                              i would use it if i thought the place i buy fuel from had a low turnover.Or if my 4wd sits in the shed for ages .
                              if its your daily driver and you buy fuel from a reputable servo there should be no need to add conditioner.
                              by all means use it if your going outback who knows what those 44's had in them.
                              otherwise just adding it at service intervals should be more than efficient.
                              my ten cents worth.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X