Haven't had the Challenger for over a month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't had the Challenger for over a month

Well as the title says we haven't had our bus for over a month its stuck a the dealer for a number of faults.
    1. Power steering rack leaking (Under Warranty)
    2. Front diff seal gone (Under Warranty)
    3. ERG Failure (Under Warranty)
    4. Air bag light issues (Under warranty)
    The air bag light was staying on so put the bus into the dealer only to find our that they have to replace the wiring harness down the right hand side for the bus. They would not let me take the bus due to the fact that the airbags and pre tensioners would not work. The Service advisor said this was becoming a constant issue with them having a backorder of over 10 harnesses both for Challengers and Tritons. The most annoying this is they don't have supply a car while you cant drive yours
    (That's what they say)

That's not very good, the air bag issue particularly. Thought that would have been fixed in new vehicles a while ago. I'd push them for a loan car in the circumstances.
    Richard.......MY12 silver base model auto rear driver tow truck and shopping trolley. Bilsteins, Firestone rear air bags, HR towbar, Scangauge II and aftermarket reverse camera/GPS navigation unit. SOLD

Comment

i'd be complaining to Mitsubishi direct and requesting a hire car.
      Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
      Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Can you please clarify Grunta
        is this a brand new 2013 Challenger or
        2010 as stated in your profile

Thanks

And all the best with the repairs
        2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
          Can you please clarify Grunta
          is this a brand new 2013 Challenger or
          2010 as stated in your profile

Thanks

And all the best with the repairs
          Yes 2010

Comment

Good to see Mitsubishi is doing all this work for you under warranty ....

Wont mention any other manufacturers that would definitely not be honouring the warranty onto the next owners and isn't it wonderful 5/10yr warranty ***Vehicles produced prior to October 1st 2012***.

Hope you enjoy the pleasures with this more then capable vehicle.

Seems you have some goodies added to the car also :-)
            Last edited by littleriver; 24-11-13, 11:46 PM. Reason: clarification of warranty
            2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
              Good to see Mitsubishi is doing all this work for you under warranty ....

Wont mention any other manufacturers that would definitely not be honouring the warranty onto the next owners and isn't it wonderful 5/10yr warranty.

Hope you enjoy the pleasures with this more then capable vehicle.

Seems you have some goodies added to the car also :-)
              Yes it's a nice warranty although the extra 5 year drivetrain was dropped some time ago. The problem here and with most if not all imports is they stock f all parts here in Aus so it's always a wait "it's on order sir sorry 6 weeks from Thailand" WTF! And when they take your car off you for a month for whatever reason and no loaner, well I'd be more pissed than than Grunta. Our decisions to be brand snobs and kill off local manufacturers means we better get used to it. I'm sure there are Chall owners who've been given loaners. Grunta you seem a lot less pissed than I would be. Had many Falcadoores over the years and parts were never more than a day or 2 away, all good cars with hardly any issues at all.
              2012 LS Charcoal Auto Tint Nudge, BFG AT TA. Ugly Mitsu Tow Bar.

Comment

We have had our 2010 Challenger in for 2 extended stays in its time. We've owned it from new.

First was the rear diff lock. I noticed that it wasn't locking up. The Mitsubishi service centre eventually got it locking, but couldn't get it to unlock. Long story short, it was about 2 weeks before we got it back.

2nd issue was something with the engine sensors constantly throwing an error code, and causing the engine to lose power. This would happen randomly at any speed under any conditions. We had it in a number of times before they were convinced that something was actually wrong... Once again, it was about 2 weeks in the shop.

Both times, covered under warranty, and both times we insisted on a loaner car and were provided with one. They were pretty crap cars, but they did the job.
                My blog - www.offroadaussie.com
                2010 PB LS Challenger Auto. RedArc dual battery. GME UFH 80ch. Cargo barrier. Custom recovery points. Factory bull bar and towbar. Wandering Star Bushmaster camper trailer

Comment

I had the gearbox rebuilt and was offered a loan car without asking. In fact they would not let me go without it, I do have 2 others.

Holden had engine issues with the 5.7lt and a hire car was provided for 3 weeks, not a factory/dealer car.

Ford provided a car every time my EA Fairmont stopped for no apparent reason. Eventually it stopped out side an auto electrician in Grovedale and he fixed it in 15 minutes and billed Ford direct.

VW offer a choice, Loan car, taxi or public transport ticket and that is just for a service. Apparently VW Australia insist on it.

Ring MMA and talk to them about a loan car, I would.
                  SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

nth east mits in Adelaide provided us with a New 380 Magna demo while they fixed our NM Brake Recall for 3 wks, very happy to get out of the 380 and back into my Paj.
                    NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

I think you need to push your dealer a bit more. Having your vehicle off the road for anything more than two weeks is not acceptable. Time to start jumping up and down.
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Sounds like he is screwing with you, I would be insisting that the dealer provided a loan car especially after a month, the local dealer here always asks if I need a loan vehicle.
                        PB MY12 LS Challenger, Auto, White.
                        Window Tint, Hayman Reese Towpack, NudgeBar, BushSkinz Bash Plates, HID High Beam Kit, 28" LED Light Bar, Oricom UHF280, Maxxis 980 A/T, Lovells CRR-69 Springs, SPV EGR Mk3.1

Comment

It could have been that they didn't have an available vehicle at that time with All the other Recalls getting fixed, I would demand the Next Avail Loan Vehicle! Not Good Enough MM!
                          NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Got some news today

Service manager says "Good new we have your parts in"

Me " great"

Service Manager " Yeah thought they would of taken longer bad news is now I have just been informed that we need to strip out the whole interior.

Me " You told me it was just the RHS Carpet"

Service Manager "Yes but I got it wrong also you can ether take back the vehicle and remove all the interior accessories (Like Rear Drawers) or we can do I for a cost 890.00

Me "WTF"

Service Manager "We estimate it will tack 5 hours to take out the back drawer system alone.

Me "Now this is a vehicle that has NO Air Bags PLUS No seat belt pre tensioners working so how the F,.k am I able to get it out of your yard"

Service Manager "Maybe a tow truck"

Calling MMA Monday if no luck there

Consumer Protection

Comment

Just wrote to MMA

Hello,
                              I am writing this letter for the disappointment for the way my Challenger fault has been dealt with.
                              My Challenger has now been at John Hughes Service centre for over a Month now due to the airbag wring loom needing replacement. Only to now be told that the whole interior needs to be taken out. I have NOT once asked for a replacement car while this has been non drivable but now to be told that my rear draw system needs to also be removed after it has sat in the workshop in idle for weeks and also " We can take it out for you at your cost" is crap to say the least. I demand that MMA deal with this issue or I will take both MMA & John Hughes to consumer protection for compensation for the lack of customer support on this matter.
                              Thank You
                              Grant Murphy

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X