New Challenger on the horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Challenger on the horizon

I was just talking to the manager of Alto Pennant Hills....

He said that he heard there is a new challenger coming next year, and it should be pretty good.
    He wouldn't go into more detail than that?

Anyone else heard anything?

Aaron
    Last edited by Gus; 27-11-13, 02:46 PM. Reason: PM sent
    2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

just found this article

http://www.caradvice.com.au/259560/m...er-pajero-asx/

and also this

http://www.caradvice.com.au/196797/n...o-coming-2014/

but wait there's more
    if anyone is interested a list of new vehicles coming out in pdf format

http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-revie...08168&fn=11034
    Last edited by littleriver; 27-11-13, 03:11 PM. Reason: found new articles
    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

If the new Challenger released in Oz has a 3.2 variant, I might just consider.
      2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

Originally posted by 900canoes View Post
        I doubt it.......Mitsu don't seem to know how to create cars that the public want/need.....

Challenger with a V6 diesel, 8 speed auto....now that would be worth waiting for !!

Comment

Originally posted by 900canoes View Post
          It's nice to have dreams but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by greig View Post
            I doubt it.......Mitsu don't seem to know how to create cars that the public want/need.....

Challenger with a V6 diesel, 8 speed auto....now that would be worth waiting for !!
            That sounds more like a new Pajero. I'd be happy with the 2.2 diesel and six speed auto that's in the Outlander, if it's as good as some reports have described it. I'm more interested in a smaller, but full spec and off road capable 4wd but which is a lot more refined than my 2012 XLS. You get the feeling it's been designed for third world markets, and us of course. They no longer sell the Challenger in Britain or the US, as they did the PA. The smaller diesel still offers 380 nm of torque, well above the current 350 nm of the 2.5 litre. It would still have adequate towing power - who is happy to tow anything like 3 tonne with their Challengers? I think the Amarok gets by with a 2 litre engine and VW seems to be selling ship loads of them!

Comment

If the Challlenger had a better programmed gearbox and a 3l turbo diesel I'd be more than happy to tow 3t with it. Especially seeing what they tow with the monocoque Jeeps.

2.5 TDi is also the smallest engine I would consider in a 4wd of this or any size and at that is marginal in my view. If Mitsu downsize the Challenger in any way I won't be a repeat buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by fester View Post
                If the Challlenger had a better programmed gearbox and a 3l turbo diesel I'd be more than happy to tow 3t with it. Especially seeing what they tow with the monocoque Jeeps.

2.5 TDi is also the smallest engine I would consider in a 4wd of this or any size and at that is marginal in my view. If Mitsu downsize the Challenger in any way I won't be a repeat buyer.
                I won't be a repeat buyer....unless they shove a bigger motor in it and make it ride a bit nicer...

Although after 3 1/2 yrs, it hasn't had a spanner on it yet, ( except for an airbag light ), so it's been very reliable ..

Comment

Mitsubishi = Value for Money

You get alot of car for what you pay ...

Those whom aren't happy with their purchase should
                  have maybe done a bit more research to what they actually are looking for ....

I always look forward to new vehicle releases from Mitsubishi, and am amazed at how much power out put the manufacturers have produced in the past 10 yrs ( especially with their 4 cylinder motors).

Hats off to Mitsubishi

Last edited by littleriver; 28-11-13, 10:36 PM. Reason: spelling
                  2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

The new Challenger will get what ever motor and gearbox options there are available on the new Triton as the Challenger is Triton based and globally the Triton is the volume seller. If Mitsubishi make the Challenger too good then potentially Pajero sales suffer and I suspect this is why the 7 seat option was dropped from the MY14 range. Maybe the Triton and Challenger will get the 3.2 CRD and 5 speed Auto (and lower final gearing) that the NW Pajero has, worse things could happen!

cheers, old Jack.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Originally posted by greig View Post
                      I won't be a repeat buyer....unless they shove a bigger motor in it and make it ride a bit nicer...

Although after 3 1/2 yrs, it hasn't had a spanner on it yet, ( except for an airbag light ), so it's been very reliable ..
                      I'm with you on not being a repeat buyer. I have not had any issues to date and hope this continues but for the money I wish I had stretched that little bit more and got the Prado. Anyway only got 8 yrs to go on this one and it is currently retired to holidays only as we have other cars for the daily drives.
                      MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

I hope the Challenger doesn't go down the same road as the Pathfinder. Although the Paj might be the one that does.
                        2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

Good to see that the Challenger is going to continue, MM comment about lowish sales in Aussie compared with Asia, perhaps a bit of TV advertising would fix that?

Happy with mine for the dollar, doing two consecutive 12 hour days relatively comfortably in the driver's seat has improved our 'relationship' but no love yet
                          Richard.......MY12 silver base model auto rear driver tow truck and shopping trolley. Bilsteins, Firestone rear air bags, HR towbar, Scangauge II and aftermarket reverse camera/GPS navigation unit. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Peebee View Post
                            That sounds more like a new Pajero. I'd be happy with the 2.2 diesel and six speed auto that's in the Outlander, if it's as good as some reports have described it. I'm more interested in a smaller, but full spec and off road capable 4wd but which is a lot more refined than my 2012 XLS. You get the feeling it's been designed for third world markets, and us of course. They no longer sell the Challenger in Britain or the US, as they did the PA. The smaller diesel still offers 380 nm of torque, well above the current 350 nm of the 2.5 litre. It would still have adequate towing power - who is happy to tow anything like 3 tonne with their Challengers? I think the Amarok gets by with a 2 litre engine and VW seems to be selling ship loads of them!
                            Don't know about others but my Chall goes like a cut cat when you sink the right boot in, whats all the whinging about, yes you have to stick the boot in but when you do bloody hell and that's the auto. Years ago people whinged about the commodore being unresponsive, then they recalibrated things in a newer model, then people whinged they were getting whiplash. for 40 grand ish nothing competes. Have read many stories of issues with Hilux/ Navara carrying these types of loads. If people want excellent high load towing ability they need Landcruiser or Patrol, nothing less. Its a 40 grand Triton Wagon with coil springs that's it. Built to a price. I personally congratulate Mitsu for this car being available at this kind of price and them warrantying the drive train for 10 years, how will your amarok go after 3 years? Good luck, if it fails oh boy,"sorry sir you need a new gearbox 15 grand" And a 2 litre engine? Well surely it will be more stressed out than a 2.5?
                            2012 LS Charcoal Auto Tint Nudge, BFG AT TA. Ugly Mitsu Tow Bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris4x4 View Post
                              Don't know about others but my Chall goes like a cut cat when you sink the right boot in, whats all the whinging about, yes you have to stick the boot in but when you do bloody hell and that's the auto. Years ago people whinged about the commodore being unresponsive, then they recalibrated things in a newer model, then people whinged they were getting whiplash. for 40 grand ish nothing competes. Have read many stories of issues with Hilux/ Navara carrying these types of loads. If people want excellent high load towing ability they need Landcruiser or Patrol, nothing less. Its a 40 grand Triton Wagon with coil springs that's it. Built to a price. I personally congratulate Mitsu for this car being available at this kind of price and them warrantying the drive train for 10 years, how will your amarok go after 3 years? Good luck, if it fails oh boy,"sorry sir you need a new gearbox 15 grand" And a 2 litre engine? Well surely it will be more stressed out than a 2.5?
                              x2!! Couldn't be happier with the Challenger.
                              Dave
                              2010 Silver Challenger LS auto, ARB Deluxe Bar, EDS full length custom bash plates, Airtek Snorkel, Narva 225 broad beam kit with HID conversion, 2" lift with OME suspension, Yokohama Geolandar AT-S 265-65-17

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X