Roo bar for PC My14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo bar for PC My14

Hello all. I was wondering what front bars people have on their PC challengers. I went to ARB,ironman,TJM and all have said they don't have a bar to fit the facelift model PC. Has anyone else had the same issue? Regards Gary
    2013 my14 challenger. Titanium 5speed manual. Cooper AT3's. mitsi nudge bar, lightforce blitz spotlights,TJM snorkel,awning. Roof bars

Hi Gary,

The MN Triton and the PB Challenger have a slightly different cross sectioned front bumper mouldings and for most bull bars they will fit as long as the width is correct, as the Triton bars come as a narrow/non flared guard and a wide/flared guard width that is what is used on the PB Challenger if there is not a specific Challenger bar.

The actual mounting to the chassis is the same but it is the template for cutting the front bumper cover is likely to be slightly different on the PC. Some bars that are very close fitting to the bumper cover so the rear profile of the bull bar may need to be cut to match the PC's bumper cover, this is likely to be the case if an ECB bar is used but I doubt if a ARB or TJM bar would have this problem.

Remember there is about 15mm to 20mm difference in movement between the chassis and the body particularly off road so a bar that is close fitting with small gaps between the body and bar will most likely rub.

Hope this helps

cheers, old Jack.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Originally posted by garycromp View Post
      Hello all. I was wondering what front bars people have on their PC challengers. I went to ARB,ironman,TJM and all have said they don't have a bar to fit the facelift model PC. Has anyone else had the same issue? Regards Gary
      I have a ARB bar on my PC so they do fit.
      Attached Files
      2021 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLX. 18'' ROH Hostile wheels and 265/65/18 Yokohama tyres.

Comment

That's definitely the look I am after Jackman. I am guessing it is meant for the PB? Everyone at ARB in Elizabeth (Adelaide) didn't know if they fit. They called ARB at Regancy Park (also in Adelaide) they couldn't say yes or no. I sent an email the ARB head office and they also couldn't say. When you consider the amount of these vehicles that Mitsubishi are selling its a lot of lost sales.$$$$$
        2013 my14 challenger. Titanium 5speed manual. Cooper AT3's. mitsi nudge bar, lightforce blitz spotlights,TJM snorkel,awning. Roof bars

Comment

How did you go getting your PC roo bar? I've also been told there's nothing in production, so how did you get an ARB on a PC? Did they admit it was a PB with modifications? I'm also interested and I've been told that the big companies will be investing in other cars before challengers so I may have to wait a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by rodgyramjet View Post
            How did you go getting your PC roo bar? I've also been told there's nothing in production, so how did you get an ARB on a PC? Did they admit it was a PB with modifications? I'm also interested and I've been told that the big companies will be investing in other cars before challengers so I may have to wait a long time...
            think you will find some ARB stores are still fitting to the PC

- give ARB on the goldcoast (Burleigh) a call ...
            2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

Man this just keeps going around dosn't it? After a lengthy battle with ARB in Feb, I received a direction from their head office that the PB bar was not to be fitted to the PC until further notice. I enquired with the local store, and they had received the same email and would therefore not fit one to my PC.

Yes, there are a lucky few, who got in (like Jackman) before the head office prohibition came out and have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the bar will fit a PC without problems but ARB will not warrant the fitment.

I think this issue is a joke as you have a number of PC owners on here with ARB bullbars fitted (some of which I know have offered their vehicles to ARB head office to demonstrate suitability but have been told to get stuffed) but the rest of us cannot now buy one due to a rediculour paper shuffling excercise. Talk about low hanging fruit. based on all the above how hard would it really be to certify this bar for the PC and get an instant jump on the competition re sales????

Fed up. almost enough to go and buy a factory (read: next to useless in NorthWest Q'land) bar and never buy from ARB again.

-Sellers
              MY14 PC Challenger; ARB Plates, GME 4500 UHF, Direction Plus prefilter kit, Smartbar, Airbags, Safari Snorkel, 12V aux system, HR Towbar, All Terrains on Steel, Brown Davis 107L LR Tank, Ultimate 40mm Lift, Rear Drawers.

Towing a Bartell Trailers custom 7' camper, Drifta DPOR kitchen, Beehive 10' tent. Australian made and modified all the way.

Comment

You could of course just order one for a PB and fit it yourselves!
                Cheers
                Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

ARB appears rather a lost cause. I would look elsewhere.

Not impressed with my dealings with ARB. They like to appear big and professional but instead just expensive. Not impressed at their bash plate fit on another thread.

I have a real battle getting assurance on things that will fit the PC. So far with bash plates only Bushskinz and TJM says that their stuff will. Bit like Triton Challenger issues.

Rapibly finding out who are the good companies and who are the indifferent companies.

Apart from minor face lift and rationalisation of the model range hard to work out what is different on the PC to PB.
                  2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

At the end of the day they are I guess just covering their ass's. Would only take one law suit to wipe any profits from all the PC sales they are currently losing.

If it was me at their outlets I'd be selling you the PB one but getting you to sign something saying you understand it's not tested etc.

But then I'm not in business so don't know the ramifications.
                    Cheers
                    Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

I've been looking and shopping round to get a bull bar to my PC in the last week. I found that Ironman (at least in QLD) fit the MN Triton bullbar in the PC model. However neither ARB, TJM nor Dobbinsons are interested in us.
                      Anyway Ironman bars are a "carbon copy" of the ARB design, probably made in the same factory in Thailand. So if you are looking for an ARB look, (I personally don't like the TJM design) the Ironman is an available option and also it is cheaper.

Comment

Saw these on Ebay factory steel bar delivered for $600 not sure if you can fit a winch to these though, and would only be guessing that if the other PB bars fit a PC then these should also.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubish...bd551af&_uhb=1
                        Last edited by j3st3r; 27-05-14, 04:49 PM.
                        PB MY12 LS Challenger, Auto, White.
                        Window Tint, Hayman Reese Towpack, NudgeBar, BushSkinz Bash Plates, HID High Beam Kit, 28" LED Light Bar, Oricom UHF280, Maxxis 980 A/T, Lovells CRR-69 Springs, SPV EGR Mk3.1

Comment

Originally posted by j3st3r View Post
                          Saw these on Ebay factory steel bar delivered for $600 not sure if you can fit a winch to these though, and would only be guessing that if the other PB bars fit a PC then these should also.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubish...bd551af&_uhb=1
                          Looks like a $600 bar too!!!! Doubt that it will be winch compat, and probably a bit dodgy on the ADR's as well, which is why the likes of ARB are not installing theirs, as they have only been ADR certified for PB.
                          MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Terra Rosa, Rear Storage Drawer and Fridge System, 120Ah Dual Battery, Traxide SC80 Isolator, H/Reece Hitch. Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, LED Running Lights, 80W LED Light Bar, Factory (PB) Nudge Bar. Thule Racks, GME TX3510 CB, Poly Airs, MN Triton 17" wheels. Tinted windows, deflectors and bonnet guard. Headlight protectors.

Comment

I had Mitsubishi fit mine before I took delivery of the car.

Comment

I like the look of this MCC Falcon on eBay (seller has 3 in range). Obviously it is for PB though and you have to fit it yourself.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISH...0f963b7&_uhb=1

Has anyone used MCC bars/products before?

http://www.mcc4x4.com/index.php?opti...102&Itemid=275
                              2013 PC LS with 265/70/17 BFG AT. Bushskinz and Ironman protection. Lovells shocks and springs with Air Bags.
                              Previously 3 Jeeps and a SWB LC (Bundera!)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X