hiclones tested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiclones tested

Here the story. Originally i had a 1999 V6 Challenger and when towing i found it was hopeless unless i was constantly at 4000 rpm in the torque band , which was not that good for fuel consumption, so i had two hiclones installed and i can still remember driving out the installers drive way and the response was amazing. I eventually sold the Challenger after first removing the Hiclones , then bought a Terracan , which the Hiclones i had (65mm and 68mm ) did not fit . So now i have my base model MY12 Challenger and after contacting Hiclone , they told me to fit the 65mm into the air tract straight after the air box , and the 68mm about 175mm before the throttle body in the intercooler to throttle body hose . We towed our 2 tonne coromal down to Eden for the whale festival and it did 14.3 and 14.5 ltr/ 100klms . I then removed them (easy job) and continued the trip over to Naracoorte S.A to meet a group of friends . The whole trip we had strong winds mainly from thr side , the worst was 17,5 ltrs/ 100klms and the best was 14.3. Then reinstalled them and starting getting best of 11.3 to 14.3 depending mainly on wind as roads were relatively flat.
    had to get the 15K service at Mt Gambier on way home so left them out till we got home and consumption again rose to around 14 to 16.5 . In General the Challenger when not towing feels like it does not wind up to speed but Accelerates up especially from down low and the Turbo has a different sound , as there is now resonance up and down at a constant speed when towing up steep hills . I believe they definitely work , but are they worth the money ??? Probably not , i think i would be paying the extra for a Chip . I had them sitting around, they are now installed and thats where they are staying . Regards Bruce.
    White 2012, Automatic base model, full alloy front Bar , bonnet protect, headlight protect, rear park sensors, rear dust deflector , 3 tonne tow bar, window tint, floor mats, alloy spare wheel. Tow a 2 tonne poptop caravan with HR load levellers .

oops just read my thread and it should read "NO" resonance.
    White 2012, Automatic base model, full alloy front Bar , bonnet protect, headlight protect, rear park sensors, rear dust deflector , 3 tonne tow bar, window tint, floor mats, alloy spare wheel. Tow a 2 tonne poptop caravan with HR load levellers .

Comment

I just cant get interested in
      Science fiction!!!!

Comment

Good to know that they work for you. So many people bag them without trying them because they don't understand the WHY factor. Most vehs seem to have some version of them in the air inlet tracts usually in front of the aircleaner. If they work then good as fuel is too dear not to try something. Bob
        98 NL GLS 3500. Now with a Bocar bullbar and 265/75/16 tyres. Waiting for a snorkel and UHF.
        Now with 7" HID

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by scruffy View Post
          Good to know that they work for you. So many people bag them without trying them because they don't understand the WHY factor. Most vehs seem to have some version of them in the air inlet tracts usually in front of the aircleaner. If they work then good as fuel is too dear not to try something. Bob

The best way to say fuel is......................
          Attached Files

Comment

BMW are fitting a swirl flap to some models
            Pete

Comment

Read a review on them a year back. Tested numerous fuel consumption enhancer products and all failed, infact some made it worse.
              Now I don't know what to think
              97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
              97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...ileage/1802932
                Formerlya NH and a NL GLS, both raised, Dual Batteries,
                Free wheeling hubs, Bullbars, Snorkels etc.

Recently picked up another NL that's knocked about. Might be a new project.

Comment

Air flow resistors. Nothing more.
                  Does a resistor in line with your starter motor make it turn faster.
                  .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                  NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

That's the one dbomba
                    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

These two sound great:
                      I like the first one. "Negative Ions", "creating a more relaxing enviroment in your car".

http://www.5starshine.com/info-hotinazma-pocket-electrical-system-stabilizer.html

The next one has been given the thumps up by the Ugandan National Bureau of Standards.
                      http://www.pantherfuelsaver.com/technology/index.php

Report: http://www.pantherfuelsaver.com/testimonial/images/uganda-certification.pdf

Surely the Ugandan National Bureau of Standards would not lie. Surely.
                      Last edited by dbomba; 08-12-13, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                        Air flow resistors. Nothing more.
                        Does a resistor in line with your starter motor make it turn faster.
                        Probably if you sent it to Uganda it would,.

Comment

The first Patrol I bought had 2 in it. (Didn't know they were there until I did the first service). Took them out and made no difference. Sold them for $50 so I actually saved $50
                          SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                          NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

Originally posted by norto View Post
                            BMW are fitting a swirl flap to some models
                            The Euro diesels have been using swirl flaps for many years now but the principal is completely different to the Hyclone. It is also problematic with age and many are getting removed with no real change in engine characteristics once they start playing up. some of the Euro makers are also not using them anymore.

Comment

NS DiD's and I assume NT and NW's have swirl flaps.
                              Mine is disconnected. I see it as a restriction.
                              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X