EGR blanking plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR blanking plate

Hello all. I am interested in the benefits of blanking the EGR? What do you gain from doing it? Can this be done on the new PC my14? Where would I get one? Would this give an error code? Who has done this? Cheers Gary
    2013 my14 challenger. Titanium 5speed manual. Cooper AT3's. mitsi nudge bar, lightforce blitz spotlights,TJM snorkel,awning. Roof bars

Forget about the EGR blank. There are much better ways of doing the same thing.

You can do it, if you want, and join many thousands who have already. Full blank is ok - the new ECU software will pretty much take care of the codes.

What do you gain? Apart from better performance, a heavier wallet and peace of mind? The knowledge that you alone (almost) are now the major contributor to the world's pollution problem.
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
      Forget about the EGR blank. There are much better ways of doing the same thing.

???????......are there ????

Comment

Yep.

Still in final pre-production testing but I have a prototype in my NW, testing compatibility from Triton/Challenger. Lowers EGTs, smooths power delivery, allows proper shutdown and seems to reduce lag and improve fuel consumption. All without EGR and not a blank in sight (or out of sight). Also bypassable in the event of emissions testing.
        Chris

Comment

Yep.

Still in final pre-production testing but I have a prototype in my NW, testing compatibility from Triton/Challenger. Lowers EGTs, smooths power delivery, allows proper shutdown and seems to reduce lag and improve fuel consumption. All without EGR and not a blank in sight (or out of sight). Also bypassable in the event of emissions testing.
          Happy to assist with testing!

cheers, old Jack.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Yep.

And so it also eliminates the clogging of the inlet manifold from the tar like mix of exhaust gas and oil blowby???????? Given this is THE reason for fitting an EGR blank.

Comment

Originally posted by fester View Post
              And so it also eliminates the clogging of the inlet manifold from the tar like mix of exhaust gas and oil blowby???????? Given this is THE reason for fitting an EGR blank.
              Yes.
              Chris

Comment

Yes.

Well ???????..how long before you put us out of our misery !!!!

Comment

I'm also interested in finding out what this is?
                  MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Silver, Under bonnet Dual Battery, Projecta 150 isolator, Fridgemate 70lt fridge/freezer, Hayman Reece towbar, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Rhino rack pioneer platform,

Comment

come on Chris spill the beans

I may or may not be trying the same thing on my 3.2 triton

we already know it works on the 2.5 common rail as the designer owns one
                    ML triton with some accessories
                    National E Trek Libary
                    Getting Out There

Comment

Not up to me to reveal anything about it other than it works, the designer will release it very soon and it will make blanking plates obsolete.

For OP my message is hang in just a little while longer and wait for the better solution.
                      Chris

Comment

Any further advances in this yet???

Comment

Yep.

See here
                          Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X