Bushskinz suspension setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushskinz suspension setup

I am looking at upgrading to a set of Bushskinz Bilstien and King spring suspension packages to replace my current OME suspension.

Has anybody fitted their Bilstien/King suspension package?

I am hoping it will ride a lot smoother than the current OME setup.
    MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Hi Rob,

What is your current OME set-up do you have part numbers?

I have Bushskinz Lovells & Bilstein set up it replaced the factory suspension on the front and factory shockers and Kings HD rear coils on the rear.

I am happy with the Std Duty +40mm front setup but with 16kg Smartbar and 36kg Bushskinz plates x 3, I only got a 20mm lift, 565mm centre hub to under wheel arch.

Rear suspension is work in progress, Bilsteins are great except the long travel give issues with tight brake lines and if the springs are too heavy duty then they easily dislocate at full droop. I have had Kings HD+30mm, Lovells HD+40mm and Lovells ExHD+50mm and none of them have given me the ride heights at 2450kg and GVM 2710 I desire. Currently I am still talking with the Lovells engineers about a special spring design as I do not want to supplement the springs with airbags.

Needless to say I have collated a lot of info on spring and shocker specifications.

cheers, old Jack.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Not part numbers.

OME HD front (bar and winch) with OME sports shocks.

Rear 0-200kg spring and OME sports shocks.

I live out the back of Toowoomba and the roads are worse than that of a 3rd world country. I get massive bumb steer and massive vibrations through the cab.

I am hoping a different spring and shock combo of a better quality will improve the ride.
      MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

Hello 02-SR5
        I live in Toowoomba and have bilstein/kings combo from twba steering service. 200kg front and back plus airbags. I tow an off road camper (1200kg rare, 1800kg gross). The setup I have now is so good my wife offers to drive when on long halls. 18-20psi in airbags and rides beatifully.
        2012 PB LS Auto, Cooper AT3 265/65/17, ARB bar, Redarc Dual Battery controller, Scangauge II, TPMS, King Springs 2" (200Kg rear springs), Bilstein Shocks and Air Bags, Factory tow bar, Anderson plug, Rear single draw ORS, Foxwing awning, Rhino roof racks and Tracks, Uniden UHF 80 Channel, 7" Chinese GPS with OziExplorer and Hema maps, Engel fridge and ORS slide, IPF 800 HID converted Spotties, 20" Light Bar, 110lt replacement tank, Complete Campsite 2010 Exodus 11 Off Road camper

Comment

I have just fitted Kings 50mm H/D all round, I find the Ride is excellent even though I haven't fitted the New Shocks yet but will do in the New Year, I will be going with KYB Scorched probably.
          NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Originally posted by Camsally View Post
            Hello 02-SR5
            I live in Toowoomba and have bilstein/kings combo from twba steering service. 200kg front and back plus airbags. I tow an off road camper (1200kg rare, 1800kg gross). The setup I have now is so good my wife offers to drive when on long halls. 18-20psi in airbags and rides beatifully.

Sweet.

The answer I am looking for. So you know the roads I am talking about.

Looks like an order to Bushskinz is looming.

Comment

Doing some research. Looks like the car suffers from massive bump steer.

It is a real hand full on these back country roads.

Comment

Hi Rob,

I am not sure what tyres and pressures you are running but this can also have an effect on bump-steer and handling.

My Bilstein/Lovells set-up with the heavy 10 ply Coopers ST Max at low pressures, carrying a full load,at speed, in AWD H4, is good to drive, not quite up to rally standards but considering the weight of 2700kg + and the high centre of gravity it is the most stable 4wd I have owned both on and off the bitumen.

cheers, old Jack.
                2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X