Overdrive issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrive issues

Still have no overdrive , I’ve grounded the temp sensor after running the engine , doesn’t help, also can confirm the overdrive relay is switching the o/d solenoid on, went one step further and bypassed the overdrive relay by running a positive wire direct from the battery to the solenoid, I can hear it click in ,with no improvement , now is there anything other to check before getting the auto transmission looked at ? Is it worth replacing the transmission fluid and filter ? I’ve also read on this forum you can cut a groove into the o/d solenoid to bypass it , but since I can hear it click , I assume it’s working and there won’t be anything gained from it ? Any help is greatly appreciated

hi mate, I know nothing about auto's, but did you road test when you made the solenoid click? Also just because its clicking doesn't mean its engaging properly, maybe this video helps?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLVoM4On49k.

Comment

Hey mate , no I didn’t road test it , I just assumed if I can hear it click after running a hard active to it , I thought that would rule it out , I’ve still got to test a couple things before looking at a new or reconditioned gearbox . Cheers for your help

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X