Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 Pajero 2.5 diesel - Auto hubs - steering prob...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Pajero 2.5 diesel - Auto hubs - steering prob...

Hi all! Finaly found a forum for pajero's! Hahah! I purchased 1987 2.5 pajero diesel with 251.000 km on the clock, from a friend who used it for fishing He have 4 more vehicles but this one was for good places that other's can't go and fish! Sorry for my bad english. It's in great condition, engine, interior, and body. Here is the problem, few days ago I stoped the car, switched to 4wd, drove a couple of kilometers on snow, stoped, gone in reverse, switched to 2wd, gone in reverse just to be shure, and parked at my house. Now, the snow is gone, I'm driving 2wd but here is the catch. It's kinda slow on steering. it has a one or maybe two cm left and right turning "free zone" or how should I call it, I start turning left or right and it's kinda slow on the response. Something like floating feel to it! And when in first gear it's started squeiking... I can drive it but I'm kinda affraid is there anything wrong with the lock/unlock auto hub or :@#$(U&% I'm new to 4wd things so please help. If you need more info for the diagnostics, please let me know.

Sorry, I'm from Belgrade, Serbia, (balkans, you know, wars, kosovo, bosnia, nato, bombing, and other stupid stuff). My name is Mirko Pernjakovic, got a wife, newborn son (one month) and a house in Belgrade. 26 years old and don't know much about mechanics.

Comment

Power steering belt loose?

Did the 4WD light on the dash go out? This system on these models is related to whether or not the front tailshaft is turning, light off then 4WD has disengaged.

PS. My Cleaner Lady is from where you are, She barely speaks a word of english, have had her for 3 years now, all fun from trying to understand a Yugoslav. Her children (grown up ) still live where you are.

Comment

yes, it's turning of when I disengage 4wd. But, just that loosy feel...

Comment

The free play in the steering manufacturer recommendation is between 5?-10?, if that is fine then you have wear somewhere in the steering assembly, like an idler arm bush (replaceable and cheap) or the tie rod ends or pitman arm, it's just a matter of getting the front end of the vehicle off the ground and pulling and pushing steering components until you find the components that have wear in them. It only takes half a millimeter down there to give you a wandering loose control at the wheel, also when you have made the assessment and replaced any parts, get a wheel alignment done if you can, if this is out this can also give a wandering loose feeling.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X