X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does this little hose go?? NB 2.6 Pajero SWB

Hello,

I registered to post this question so I'm new here

I have a 4/85 build 2.6 Pajero SWB (Petrol / Manual) which I bought a while ago and sometime in the recent past, when some work was being done on it no doubt, one of the hoses has been knocked off with the result that the engine runs rough and uses even more fuel than normal.

The hose I mean has a five way connector doing with the following;

1: Vacuum advance
    2: Engine block sensor
    3: Bottom of the carby
    4: ????
    5: Bottom of the air cleaner

So as you can guess I had a hose with a small bit of metal tube still attached but it was now floating in the engine bay.... and with the hose not attached the vacuum advance wasn't working 'real goof'. I plugged the hose and the vacuum advance works now but I cannot help but think that there is a small hole somewhere that is happily leaking air/fuel.

Does anyone have an idea of where this hose goes?

I have a Haynes manual and it doesn't show me where it goes and I have not found another similar vehicle to stop and ask if I can look at theirs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony
    Last edited by Noisy Rattler; 03-01-08, 12:24 PM.

Hi Tony
    I know the 5 way piece you mean. It's been a while since I've played with a 2.6, but I definately remember finding a vacuum hose diagram in the manual. If you're convinced the hayes manual doesn't have it, i must've had a gregory's (other?). From memmory, there is a 3 or 4 hose junction screwed into the back of the manifold (ie, right in front of you if you stand on the car's LHS and face the engine), which your 5th hose might be meant to go into..... no forget this advice.... someone else might give you something better, but like I said, the manual i 'had' for it definately explained this all clearly.

Comment

Hi Tony,

I had the same problem when I had my NB, the manual did not cover this model with the 5 way block. I though there was possibly two vacume pointos on the advance? or it may have been on the carby.

harold

Comment

Originally posted by gp339gm339 View Post
        Hi Tony,

I had the same problem when I had my NB, the manual did not cover this model with the 5 way block. I though there was possibly two vacume pointos on the advance? or it may have been on the carby.

harold
        Harold,

I am afraid that it's on the carby.... and that this is why the vehicle is running so poorly. I spent a lot of time looking for a 'broken bit' on the carby but I couldn't see one.

I will double check the VA.

If no-one can help me I think I might have to start looking at car sales places to see if I can work it out (but whether they will let me study the engine bay without complaint is another thing).

Maybe someone knows a Sydney based mechanice who is good with NBs?

Tony

Comment

vac line

hi tone if i rember right the 5th hose [the one not hooked up] gos to the egr valve. haw manny hose cuming out of the thermo valve [engine block sensor]

Comment

Hi,

There is only one hose going to the engiune sensor in my vehilce and I didn't see any way for another hose to be attached.......

My Haynes manual shows only four hoses but it does show one hose going into the carby, one into the inlet manifold and one into a thermo vale that seems to be under the inlet manifold - I will need to check if I have this temperature sensor.

As well I have to find the EGR valve :-)

Thanks for your information.

Tony

Comment

Updates

Well I thought that I would update this thread..... nothing good though has come of my searching for the loctaion of the hose.

I spoke to the last owner of the car last night and was told that when they purchased the car 15 years ago it had 524k on it and from then until it came into my posession it did the usual daily commute and family runaround stuff.

So now it's got 324k on the clock (I got it at I think about 254k) which means that, given the last owners assurances that the speedo has never been touched (which I would certainly believe knowing them) it looks like the poor Pajero has travelled over 1,324,000klms in its hard life.

Since the first post in this thread, and a trip away where we did about 2,700klms in 8 days, the top end of the engine has started to vibrate and rattle at anything over 80klm or 2700rpm and the timing chain noise that we all dread has started..........

So the decision has been made to change vehicles rather than try and solve the various issues (wont start when hot - starts after five minutes of cool down, top end rattles and timing chain).

Sad really, I think that this is the best vehicle that I have ever driven and I don't think that I will enjoy another vehicle as much.

Tony

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X