Puzzle madness - please help me solve it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puzzle madness - please help me solve it

I have had my 88 ITD 4 speed for a while now but didnt change the timing belt and it recently threw it, spare the lecture (thanks) but its a good lesson and brings home the reality of these things. So anyway now I have a perfect nick car with no engine. So..... I bought another jero with a good engine also 4 speed auto. I also have a relative wanting to make a move on his 86 aussie delivered TD (non I) pajero 5 speed man. So my puzzle is I want to get two good cars out of this for as low as possible price tag.

A)1986 5 speed man TD with stuffed gear box good body
    B)1988 ITD 4 speed auto with stuffed engine good int and body
    C)198- ITD 4 speed auto with crap body and good engine and tranny (new car)

I have a few options but need to know if they are possible

1. split up car C and put the engine in car B and tranny in car A so the question is, does a 4 speed auto fit an aussie delivered 5 speed manual?

2. Drive car C as is and put engine from car A into car B, so can an engine from the 5 speed man fit againts the 4 speed auto?

If anyone has ay ideas of how to get 2 good cars from this it would be very much appreciated. Also can I do an engine swap myself (ok with tools) or just get the mech to do it for around $1500.

Thanks in advance.

hi where abouts are you ??
    98 intercooled turbo diesel , 4X hella spotties , alinco dr 635t uhf radio , roof mounted dvd , wish list is long ... 1st up its going to be new 16x7-,, STAMPEDE WHEELS CSA with some BF goodrich thongs ,

Comment

sounds like alot of un neccessary work for a vehicle of this age. if you have a perfect nick car why don,t you just fit a good engine to it and use the other for needed spare parts ? you can also wreck the spare vehicle panels ect to get some dollars back.
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X