Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NG Pajero Gen 2 Steering Box Install

Hi all,

I am going to be inheriting an '89 NG Superwagon at christmas and need to drive it down from Qld to Vic. Apparently the steering box is leaking and a mechanic has recommended a replacement box as the shafts are normally pitted at this age. I have read a couple of comments saying that a Gen 2 steering box can be fitted to the NG with little modifications, however after extensive googling can't seem to find any information. Has anyone on here completed this swap, and if so could point me in the direction of information?

Many thanks! Can't wait to get the beast down to Vic and start the real modifications...

Yeah I've done it, not much to write about to be honest. Drill two of the four holes a mm larger, make sure the fittings are the same and be familiar on how to bleed it.
    If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

Nice one, sounds like a goer!

Comment

I did it for the increased advantage you get from the change in ratio of the pump and box for the larger 33"s, seems to work well enough

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

Sounds good. Did you also change the pump to a Gen 2? is this a similarly easy task or need to keep the NG pump?

Comment

Kept the pump otherwise I would have lost what I was chasing, a change in ratios in my favour.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X