Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt change for 1990 NG swb

Hi Guys,
    Just after some advice, I have ordered a set of belts for my SWB pajero from ebay. This is a 2.6L, 4G54 petrol engine.
    After clarifying the model/year and that I needed all V belts what I was sent was one V belt and 2 Ribbed belts. I actually had this problem with Repco a little while ago and took them back.
    Looking into my engine, all the belts are V and not ribbed. Is it actually possible to use these if they are the same size but ribbed? I'm assuming no but I just thought I would ask around before sending them back... Or am I crazy/not experienced enough to know that these ribbed belts are also called V belts?

In my Paj, already fitted are: an 11A1060REC, a 12.5X960La and a 13A0750
    I was sent: a 13a980, a 11a1055 and a 13A0750

Anyone out there with experience on this??
    Thanks in advance!
    Lachlan

Hi Lachie,

From the Dayco Application Guide:

Sep 1989 - May 1991
    2.6L 4 cyl SOHC 8V Carb NG
    Eng code: 4G54
    Belt Alt............................................... ...............................13A0980
    Belt P/S................................................. ............................13A0750
    Belt A/C................................................. ............................11A1055

2005 NP Exceed 3.8

Comment

Thanks Bazzle,
      That would seem to be in line with what I was sold, though what to make of the fact that the existing belts are not ribbed...
      I'm thinking of just taking it in to my local mechanic to ask, I wanted to do this all myself but maybe they can offer up some advice too.
      Thanks

Comment

none of those belts bazzle mentioned are ribbed. they are all V belts.

if they were ribbed the pn number would look something like 4PK780.. etc

Comment

Well then both Repco and his online seller are selling belts with part numbers for V belts printed on ribbed belts...
          I guess I am trying to figure out if there are ribbed V belts as well as just V or just ribbed belts and also if they are at all interchangeable, though this seems unlikely to me.
          And also why belts listed in reference manuals as complete sets for my engine are not the ones on there currently.

Comment

there are different types of V belt's which are interchangable (as long as the over all dimensions are the same) and V belts, which arent interchangable with any V belts.

some examples:

V belts

multi ribbed belt

now as for sizing, do you have any aftermarket stuff, like alternator or A/C etc? that can affect sizing. do you still have the old belts? every reputable belt seller should have a belt sizing tool, so they can match them up straight away.
            alternatively if you look closely the size and P/N is printed on the outside of the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
              t
              alternatively if you look closely the size and P/N is printed on the outside of the belt.
              on most v belts the last 4 numbers are the belt length in mm.
              Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
              Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X