What is this box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this box?

Hi all, i was recently under my paj changing oil etc. And i noticed a small box sitting next to my rear diff, it doesnt seem to be connected to anything. So i was wondering if someone could tell me what it or what it does/ meant to be doing. I attached a photo (not great quality sorry) to help you help me!!

Cheers

P.s, i have a 1989 gen 1 SWB, TD, Jap Import
    Attached Files

dunno what it is, but the one on mine broken so I unbolted it and binned it. No probs.

Comment

I think its a dampener for vibration.
      Rick
      Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
      New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Yes, Vibration Dampener.

cheers, old Jack.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Strange... you dee them alot on front diffs to help deal with the 2 big gyroscopes that we call wheels.
          Blutak is a 1990 NG EXE, 2.6, blue faded paint, 412 000 km, extractors, bump and droop stop shave, 100/130w globes in stock lights (inc melted plugs...), saggy springs, shocking shocks, crap tires, loose nut behind the wheel.
          Blutak, cos thats all that's holding her together. ..
          Now she has 485'000km, same everything with a 2.5' pipe, straight thru muffler and cat delete. Also a set of leaf springs from a 96 triton that gave me a $100 2 inch lift.

Comment

Anyone know the reason for it?
            Blutak is a 1990 NG EXE, 2.6, blue faded paint, 412 000 km, extractors, bump and droop stop shave, 100/130w globes in stock lights (inc melted plugs...), saggy springs, shocking shocks, crap tires, loose nut behind the wheel.
            Now she has 485'000km, same everything with a 2.5' pipe, straight thru muffler and cat delete. Also a set of leaf springs from a 96 triton that gave me a $100 2 inch lift.

Comment

Originally posted by Blutak View Post
              Anyone know the reason for it?
              as said, it helps to soak up vibration, or NVH that would otherwise enter the cabin.

Comment

Mine's on leaves in the rear. I wonder if the damper is only mounted on coil rears to cancel out any spring harmonics.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X