No announcement yet.

Gen 1 - Best looking can we agree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely YES! Loved the styling of the first series, owned one of the NA superwagons with the high roof.

The one big mistake mitsubishi made was NOT introducing the series one cab chassis ute, they were made but not bought down under. Man they were a sick looking ute and considering in those days there was primarily only the nissans and toyotas grabbing the market, It would have been awesome to see the cab chassis/tub ute introduced as I reckon they would have been keen competition to the other two makes....
    '91 NH SWB (import) intercooled turbo 4D56T, Manual, factory mags 31x10.5 15's, alloy bulbar, snorkel, UHF, Rhino alloy rack, sunroof, bonnet bug deflector, LED light bars, driving lights, air bags, new shockies, polished stainless rear ladder, GPS, on board air, telescopic rear light, 60ltr fridge/freezer, dual battery system plus aux batteries, comprehensive set gauges, security system, air horns, on board solar panels, roof lightbar/spotties, worklights, towbar, rear bumper lights,

Comment

on simular note, there is actually a mark 1 wagon here in town, one of the last they built (1990/91) and it actually has a V6 petrol in it which I found interesting. Im presuming they experimented with the V6 before bringing it out in the NH mark 2.
      '91 NH SWB (import) intercooled turbo 4D56T, Manual, factory mags 31x10.5 15's, alloy bulbar, snorkel, UHF, Rhino alloy rack, sunroof, bonnet bug deflector, LED light bars, driving lights, air bags, new shockies, polished stainless rear ladder, GPS, on board air, telescopic rear light, 60ltr fridge/freezer, dual battery system plus aux batteries, comprehensive set gauges, security system, air horns, on board solar panels, roof lightbar/spotties, worklights, towbar, rear bumper lights,

Comment

Originally posted by blackdragon View Post
        on simular note, there is actually a mark 1 wagon here in town, one of the last they built (1990/91) and it actually has a V6 petrol in it which I found interesting. Im presuming they experimented with the V6 before bringing it out in the NH mark 2.
        Check out our tech data base here: https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=13310

V6 was introduced in the NF, in 1988. They experimented for a few years.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Dont forget about Best Comfort Seats!

Suspension Seats in the Gen 1 makes for a great touring vehicle on and off road!.

Comment

perhaps one of the best features are those suspension seats, absolute pleasure to ride on.

Comment

I had a new 1990 NG "SuperWagon" with the suspension seats and the 3.0l V6. Loved that vehicle, a great family holiday carriage towing a trailer with a bundle of bikes etc. I sold it after about 7-8 years when I got a work vehicle. Bad decision, I wish I still had it.
              Last edited by gaz1; 2 weeks ago.
              2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X