ND swb traction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ND swb traction

hi, i have recently got my hands on an NE (late correction) swb with the 2.6 petrol. and it's great fun got plenty of space in the back for work and its brilliant off-road, not that i have had a chance to really test it yet.

a mate of mine in a nice discovery managed to get up a hill nearby where we live, though he has had a 2" lift and some nice muddies. plus traction control and a centre diff lock.

anyways, i tried this hill and the bottom is pretty carved up, and traction was a major issue to get to the easy bit. if i didnt sorta get a great run up (which you cant in this particular spot) then i dont have the traction to get through.

now for the actual question. is there any LSD that i could swap out relativly easy for the diff i have? and would there be anything else stopping me? (apart from cost. which is why i'm not prepared to go lockers or anything yet)

i payed for the little truck using my tax return so it isnt a huge investment at this point and if i can improve it's off-road performance without it costing me more than the car itself. that'd be great

thanks for your time for reading this even if your not sure of what will help
    Last edited by syten; 23-09-07, 10:32 AM.

You are a little short of information BUT at this stage I will assume that you would be better off changing out your tyres to a more agressive pattern in oder to get traction than upgrading the diff.

The diff out of the super wagon will fit and has factory LSD but it will be in an unknown condition.

There are a couple of posts in the forum atm that migh be of interest to you.

for sale cheep wagon- might have lsd rear diff location Newcastle?

For sale goodyear MTr's down in Vic.
    ML triton with some accessories
    National E Trek Libary
    Getting Out There

Comment

ahh yeah sorry, forgot a few things there. the tyre's i have (i'll get brand and type later) are on the chunkier side of a/t so more off road than on i would say.

as for the condition of a 2nd hand one it would be pretty much in the same boat as the diff i got now. which i havent pulled apart to check out as yet. will do when i change fluids etc.

i'll get back to ya later with more info if i can think of more

Comment

This was the other vehicle I was talking about
        http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=659

Should have a LSD and has had some work done to the diff so should be in ok condition.

you only need the centre (check ratios) as this dif is from a coil sprung vehicle.
        National E Trek Libary
        Getting Out There

Comment

also my tyre's are currently Remington A/T's 31/10.5/15

Comment

on the weekend, some mates and i wnet up Mt. Mee (just otusdie brisbane) for a morning runa dn to compare 3 4x4's. the above mentioned disco, with its traction control, 2" lift and 31" muddies putting it as the favourite. a friends mid 90's LWB pajero that i believe is stock. and my '87 swb pajero.

surprising everyone there my little swb went everywhere with almost as much ease as the disco. and i was even able to go a few places the disco wouldnt. mainly due to size but all the same. it was a great day to compare 3 vehicles and gave me some ideas for future mods on my pajero

Comment

You will have to let me know in the future, I'm in Brisbane and would be keen on a day out. You could also eveluate the differences in how our vehicles behave.

Cheers
              National E Trek Libary
              Getting Out There

Comment

sure thing. i'll do my best to let ya know

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X