NK Tacho Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NK Tacho Issues

Afternoon Everyone, I am new to this forum and a new Pajero owner (97 NK 3500 DOHC Manual) Great car, had a play in the mud this weekend and had a blast.

I bought the car knowing the tacho wasnt working and have had a auto elec investigate the fault, howeverhe cant provide a logical explanation as to why it isnt working. I purchased a workshop manual - however, there is no discussion in regards to the tacho. SO - other than replacing the computer is there anything else that I might try first? Any assistance / advice much appreciated.

welcome divins, good to see another nk in here, theres not many from what I have seen. Can't help with the tacho im sorry, im sure someone here has the answer though. Let us know how you go.. ps. how many kms are on the old girl, mines just about to hit 200k and is in need of a major service, might be up for a few $$$, gotta be done though.

Comment

Thanks for the reply actpaj, there is 182k on the clock. I gave her a full service including replacing the timing chain. I now know she's right for a while yet - and other than the taco, which I will b investigating this weekend she runs like a dream. Not sure what to do with the taco yet - the sparky suggested replacing the computer - however, there may be a less expensive solution - so I guess its a case of starting at the tacho and dismantling everything till I get to the point where I cant go any further - I'll let you know what happens.

Comment

Near the ignition igniter there is a gold/silver looking small box about size of your little finger..............try replacing this............had one once and this was the fault.....hope ithis helps.

Comment

Is there signel going into the dash cluster? I doubt its a computer, more likely s dry joint in the cluster or a broken wire or soemting iwould have thought. Good luck!

Comment

i doubt that it is the computor as well, but check / replace the the gizzmo that i mention earlier, it is near the ignitor near the coils.

Comment

Ah, i think i know wat ya talkin bout now... the condensor / noise suppressor? maybe?? little cheep thing with one wire comming off it?

Comment

Yeah, man thats what i mean........!
                what dealer do u work at

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X