Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATF fluid for 1991 Pajero NH 3.0 - options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF fluid for 1991 Pajero NH 3.0 - options?

Hi all,
    Newbie here. Just looking at replacing my ATF in my 1991 Pajero 3.0 NH. The manual says "Mitsubishi ELC-4-SP ATF".
    Can I ask what other options there are for ATF?
    Thanks!
    -Richard

Hi Richard. The most common (and usually cheapest due to the number of vehicles which use it) trans fluid for yours is Dexron 11or 111. Castrol also do a HD fluid called TRANSMAX Z which is ideal if you work the trans hard.
    Tom
    1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
    1953 Morris Minor ute
    1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
    2002 X Trail

Comment

Originally posted by tomwithannl View Post
      Hi Richard. The most common (and usually cheapest due to the number of vehicles which use it) trans fluid for yours is Dexron 11or 111. Castrol also do a HD fluid called TRANSMAX Z which is ideal if you work the trans hard.
      Tom
      Thanks heaps for that- greatly appreciated

Comment

I would check with the supplier and get them to confirm that the fluid they intend to sell you is suited for use in your vehicle. The reason I say this is that I changed the fluid in my Range Rover transmission years ago. The specified fluid was Dexron III, but I couldn't et any locally. I could get Dexron IV, and being a later specification, it MUST be better. WRONG! The changes in Drive were certainly a lot crisper, which I really liked, but when the transmission fluid was cold, and I was reversing out of my driveway, it was a case of Grip/Slip/Grip/Slip/Grip/Slip. The car jerked its way ut of my driveway. Once it was warmed up, it was fine, but I was selling the beast and I didn't want the buyer to feel he was getting dudded. So I had to tell him what the problem was. He took the car anyway, but he but was always there.

Later model Mitsubishi transmissions certainly are very picky as to which fluid they prefer. I am not sure about a tranny which is your age, but it may pay to check with the seller and get his confirmation (written) that the fluid is suitable for your vehicle.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X