Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my 1991 NH Pajero limited slip, diff lock, or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my 1991 NH Pajero limited slip, diff lock, or something else?

Hi everyone,
    Newbie here. Looking at replacing the diff oil on my 1991 Pajero 3.0 NH. The manual gives a few options and I'm not sure what to choose.
    How can I easily tell whether I have limited slip, and whether I have diff lock?
    Hopefully it's dead easy to find out
    -Richard

You should be able to tell if it's limited slip based on tag on the fill plug and or stickers on the diff. There is the chance that both of these are missing though

Comment

Originally posted by rshaules View Post
      Hi everyone,
      Newbie here. Looking at replacing the diff oil on my 1991 Pajero 3.0 NH. The manual gives a few options and I'm not sure what to choose.
      How can I easily tell whether I have limited slip, and whether I have diff lock?
      Hopefully it's dead easy to find out
      -Richard
      Straining the grey matter, I reckon diff lock in Australian delivered NH only came as part of a "Tri-Pack" with adjustable suspension and ABS. If you don't have ABS (check for a valve block with lots of metal pipes near your break master cylinder) then I doubt you have a diff lock.

Personally, if in doubt, I suggest using LSD oil - it won't hurt a non-LSD diff.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X