No announcement yet.

Remote oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jrmc47 - are those EGTs good, or need to lower for your piece of mind? I haven’t got my head wrapped around what’s acceptable yet (plus I don’t have an EGT sensor to watch).

Did you fit that external oil cooler pictured above?

Cheers

​​​​​​​Bennie
    2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Originally posted by El_Freddo View Post
      jrmc47 - are those EGTs good, or need to lower for your piece of mind? I haven’t got my head wrapped around what’s acceptable yet (plus I don’t have an EGT sensor to watch).

Did you fit that external oil cooler pictured above?

Cheers

Bennie
      Hi Bennie yeah finished today...seems to be cooler ...tomorrow will tell. going for a big drive through the hills (fingers crossed)......will post some pics...i try and keep the egts below 650 C ( approx 1200 F)
      cheers
      Last edited by jrmc47; 2 weeks ago.
      NL Pajero gls.. TJM pro locker...front LOKKA...full reco 4M40 manual ...rear drawers ..ARB bullbar...Kings awning..Kings 9" led lights...Kings lightbar...1200lb winch...75 litre Evakool Fridge...agm second battery...DRL's....40 channel UHF....2 x 128 Channel UHF / VHF Handhelds...Kings recovery gear...Thumper compresser...ARB locker compressor

Comment

Hi all just an update..finished the installation today after some hiccups...the adapter from the original filter(the thread that it screws onto) had to come out of where the filter mounts...no problem there...when i got it out i noticed aluminium stuck to the thread...tried to put the replacement adapter in but it would not screw in straight..had to pull the cooler housing of the engine and get a replacement cooler housing...that arrived on wednesday...so now I have a remote oil filter and an oil cooler.....all a&n 8 fittings and silicone hose...what a PITA job...one of the pix shows what happens when an a&n fitting isnt tight lol...near emptied the engine of oil..there was about 7 litres on the floor/engine bay /windscreen /bonnet on the upside my filters cost sfa now ...z9 from a falcon... has non return in fiter and non return in the supply side from the adapter and has extra litre of oil in it as well
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210206_143226_BURST001_COVER.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.4 KB ID:	1074350 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210206_143226_BURST001_COVER.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.4 KB ID:	1074354 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210206_175730.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.8 KB ID:	1074351 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210206_175704.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.6 KB ID:	1074352 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210206_154635.jpg Views:	0 Size:	310.9 KB ID:	1074353 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210206_143226_BURST001_COVER.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.4 KB ID:	1074358 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210206_143329.jpg Views:	0 Size:	306.8 KB ID:	1074355 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210206_154554.jpg Views:	0 Size:	218.2 KB ID:	1074356 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210206_143539.jpg Views:	0 Size:	273.6 KB ID:	1074357
        NL Pajero gls.. TJM pro locker...front LOKKA...full reco 4M40 manual ...rear drawers ..ARB bullbar...Kings awning..Kings 9" led lights...Kings lightbar...1200lb winch...75 litre Evakool Fridge...agm second battery...DRL's....40 channel UHF....2 x 128 Channel UHF / VHF Handhelds...Kings recovery gear...Thumper compresser...ARB locker compressor

Comment

Oil pressure is obviously high enough! Engine bay rust proofing done for the next 5 yrs at least.

When you say "a&n 8" is the forum changing that from what you type, or is that the name of the fitting?

Comment

That’ll be the forum no doubt.

One forum I’m on doesn’t display my apostrophes - yet I type them all in as they should be... go figure!

Cheers

Bennie
            2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
              Oil pressure is obviously high enough! Engine bay rust proofing done for the next 5 yrs at least.

When you say "a&n 8" is the forum changing that from what you type, or is that the name of the fitting?
              haha yes its a & n fitting

Comment

Ok soooo all went well i push it going through the hills in 5th...get the egts to 600 ish close to 700 for a second temp hasn't gone over 195c YEAH BABY WOOOHOO
                going to Dargo for the labour day weekend towing 2 ton camper..that should test out the cooling...any one else going...hit me up ...come say hello rego is NOTLST

Comment

Originally posted by jrmc47 View Post
                  ... temp hasn't gone over 195c
                  195c ? I hope that's a typo!
                  NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Originally posted by nj swb View Post

195c ? I hope that's a typo!
                    Nah that’s HARDCORE!! :P

Cheers

Bennie

Comment

Originally posted by jrmc47 View Post
                      Ok soooo all went well i push it going through the hills in 5th...get the egts to 600 ish close to 700 for a second temp hasn't gone over 195c YEAH BABY WOOOHOO
                      going to Dargo for the labour day weekend towing 2 ton camper..that should test out the cooling...any one else going...hit me up ...come say hello rego is NOTLST
                      Dargo is a beautiful place.... you dont happen to fly an ultralight do you? only reason I ask is dad does and I believe that is their destination too.

Not to smash your bubble but more give some thought to the discussion. After reading the entire thread I only have one though that does come to mind. could the air be by passing the radiator?

Here is the thought process......

Air needs to move through the radiator and like liquid (which air can act like) it will take the path of least resistance. If your new radiator does not seal properly to the radiator support panel then there will be a gap. The radiator fins will act like a brick wall and thus the air will work around instead of through the radiator effectively only cooling the front of the radiator as the air moves across it.

Now your thinking why is this important. Because at speed the air in moving faster and thus the effect is more pronounced at a slow speed the fan compensates and draws the air through but at a higher speed the particles are already moving away from the radiator and therefore the fan is not as effective. I have seen this in many HQ race cars work faultlessly until a certain speed and then heat soak. seal the radiator properly and away they go.

out of curiosity if the temp rises and you slow down say 5 klm does this slowly bring the temp down (or 10klm whatever increment?)

While i do like the remote oil filter and the cooler plus the extra 1L of oil (almost 500ml in the filter alone....) you have given the car more buffer i do not believe the issue itself has been found. I am also not a huge fan of alloy radiators, but that is a completely separate discussion.

As stated just a bit of food for thought.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X